Consultant at Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd
Views:600 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Mahindra & Mahindra - Senior Manager - Group Legal FES - Agri Business (8-10 yrs)
Sr. Manager Group Legal FES - Agri Business
JOB PROFILE : The key expectation from the role is to act as in-house counsel delivering high quality, comprehensive, authoritative legal service.
Key responsibilities include :
a) Partnering with Business for Legal Services :
- Providing a comprehensive and high quality in-house legal service, across a broad range of legal issues to internal customers within the organization
- Ensuring all customer activities are in line with legal requirements and meets specifications within the organization and risks are mitigated appropriately.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal customers (business leaders),
- Promoting the value of the legal function for Agri business of Mahindra for input and output in the Agri sector for contract drafting, negotiation and closure, advisory.
- Preparation and negotiation of contracts, and leading in managing and resolving contractual disputes and other contentious issues, to a satisfactory conclusion, if they occur.
b) Proactive engagement with business teams :
- Understand the spoken and unspoken needs and provide timely advice.
- Identification of the issues while advising and then introducing processes and monitoring mechanism.
- Developing and implementing best practices from other similar industries
- Monitoring and supervising the implementation of the best practices such as standardization of the documents, awareness sessions etc.
- Conducting in-house legal audit at the plant, warehouses, offices used for conducting the agri business
Skills Required :
- Excellent legal skills including drafting and negotiating contracts and strategic management of contractual disputes.
- Capability of detailed, in-depth analysis of legal documents and of work situations that have a legal dimension.
- Competency to prepare PPTs for periodical review with the business;
- Capability of making solid recommendations and taking independent decisions
- Ability to turn around enquiries quickly and tackle issues at short notice.
- Excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to work effectively with a range of people and the ability to deliver advice in a clear and user-friendly way.
- High attention to detail and conveying it in a clear and concise fashion to all levels of the organization.
- High influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with high complexity and ambiguity and stakeholder management in a complex organization structure.
- A 'can do' attitude with a readiness to 'roll your sleeves up' and get down to tackling and resolving issues and producing excellent outcomes.
Education & Experience :
- Qualified lawyer ; LLM/LLB.
- Experience of working as a legal practitioner for 8 to 10 years.
- Experience as an in-house lawyer or similar position. Agri industry background would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of advising and operating at a strategic level within organizations.
- Sound working knowledge of Indian business environment and related legalities.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.