Consultant at Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd
Views:1925 Applications:439 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
Mahindra & Mahindra - Senior Manager - Corporate Communications (8-10 yrs)
The position is responsible to lead communications for the allocated Corporate functions within the Mahindra Group; act as a bridge and enabler for Group Communications for various Group businesses; drive external communications in order to effectively build and strengthen the organizational brand and safeguard its reputation.
REPUTATION MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS PARTNERING
- Understand strategy and business objectives of allocated businesses and corporate functions.
- Develop communications strategies aligned to the business objectives; Create annual and quarterly execution plans for each function.
- Monitor external environmental conditions, business and competition in order to provide insights and strategic counsel to functional leaders
- Conduct periodic reviews of initiatives run by competitors; Stay current on industry trends and exceptional content marketing methods
- Liaison with external monitoring agency to drive suitable analytics of all media coverage and take counter measures for improvement of favorability scores
- Lead the external communication for all business functions.
- Define strategic priorities as well as execute plans thereof, in terms of generating and handling media requests, curating and editing media stories, creating awareness campaigns, etc.
- Preempt crisis situations and ensure implementation of SOP for crisis management, along with the Head - Group Communications, and concerned Function Head
- Work with internal teams and external agencies to edit press releases, company literature, and articles for external use in order to ensure that the quality is high and insights received from past analysis has been incorporated
- Act as a bridge and enabler for Group Communications for various Group businesses, providing timely and relevant counsel and support during important events, quarterly results, crisis management.
- Play a key role in gathering insights and stories from the various businesses, which can be effectively used in narratives across the Group.
GROUP MESSAGING & BUSINESS ADVOCACY
- Monitor and review all platforms of communications as per Group Communication guidelines (brand language and marketing guidelines)
- Source and curate content (develop and write a wide range of communications materials) under the pillars of Mahindra Rise
- Support the Group communications team on launch announcements, and internal / external communications programs
- Develop content and media opportunities for media stories around key corporate theme such as sustainability, talent, culture, technology, CSR, etc.
EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Develop an outreach program that includes media stories, op-eds, social influencers, user-generated content, publishing partners, etc.
- Develop a set of media influencers to build and solidify relationships and leverage / amplify content as relevant
- Create PR opportunities, design and lead campaigns around designated themes with external agencies
Education Qualifications : Graduate in fields related to Media / Journalism, MBA (preferred)
Experience : 8 to 10 years of work experience in PR or journalism
Functional skills required to execute the role - Communication Strategy & Planning