HR Intern at Mahindra & Mahindra
Views:753 Applications:165 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Mahindra & Mahindra - General Manager - Data Center & Network (15-20 yrs)
General Manager - Data Center & Network
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of network architecture, servers, storage systems and other infrastructure components for the corporate office.
- Strategize technology areas under the practice, identification, and management of Key Alliances. This is a very crucial element cutting across the entire IT stack with specific focus on Server, Network, Data center, Cloud, Information Security, and other IT infrastructure elements.
- Designing the organization's network architecture to ensure efficient data flow, scalability, and redundancy. This includes determining the placement of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and other networking components.
- Ensure that the monitoring tools raise appropriate alerts and communicate these alerts to the responsible personnel as per the escalation matrix.
- Manage central teams to deploy and operate the physical data center, cloud, and database infrastructure across the organization, watching over all aspects of Infrastructure health.
- Manages annual OPEX and CAPEX budget for infrastructure, devops and corp IT to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives.
- Review Backup and Restore policy periodically based on the changing organizational requirements and ensure that the policy is adhered to by all the Data Centre engineers.
- Leads the routinely performed analysis during normal IT Infrastructure operation, including on networks, servers, operating systems, applications, and devices.
- Coordination with key stakeholders for streamlining of Data & Control network infrastructure.
- Oversee the procurement and deployment of new IT hardware and software.
- Data Center Operations and Infrastructure Projects:
- Manage and oversee data center operations to ensure optimal performance, uptime, and efficiency.
- Lead infrastructure projects involving Enterprise Network, Enterprise Architecture, and cutting-edge technologies like Software Defined WAN, LAN, HCI, HPC.
- Implementing new edge technologies for improved operational capabilities.
Cloud Strategy and Operations:
- Collaborate in formulating and presenting cloud strategy, backed by comprehensive business cases.
- Efficiently manage cloud operations and Finops, optimizing cloud costs and resource utilization.
- Establish and manage a Cloud Center of Excellence (CoE) to enhance cloud adoption and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- 15 +years of experience in IT infrastructure, with a focus on data centers and networks.
- Strong technical skills in data center design, networking, and security.
- Experience in leading and managing a team of IT professionals.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.