HR at Confidential
Views:2266 Applications:399 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Mahindra Holidays - Manager - Public Relations (3-6 yrs)
Job Purpose :
To build and maintain a positive public image for the company and create media press releases, that shape public opinion of the company and increase awareness of its brand across media platforms.
Company Overview :
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd., (MHRIL) is a part of the Leisure and Hospitality sector of the Mahindra Group and brings to the industry values such as Reliability, Trust and Customer Satisfaction. Started in 1996, the company's flagship brand - Club Mahindra Holidays-, today has a fast growing customer base of over 194,000 members and 45 beautiful resorts at some of the most exotic locations in India and abroad.
Over the last decade, MHRIL has established itself as a market leader in the family holiday business. The company has followed a two-pronged strategy rapidly increasing its bouquet of resorts to provide more variety in holidaying options and enhancing its service levels to its members to provide delight at every point of interaction.
All MHRIL resorts are totally geared to cater to a variety of holiday needs and experiences in all areas of operation, from housekeeping to food & beverage to holiday activities. Creating and managing the holiday experience is a core strength.
MHRIL also has a strong network of sales teams spread across length and breadth of India and abroad for the acquisition of newer members. The two customer-facing business units are centrally supported by corporate enablers to provide its members with world-class hospitality and memorable holiday experiences.
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns and writing and producing presentations and press releases. Managing quarterly releases on business results.
- Organizing and attending promotional events such as press conferences, open days, investor meets, tours and visits.
- Developing an organization relationship with key media platforms.
- Creating content which can be used for various communication purposes, such as Press Releases, Authored Articles, White Papers, Infographics, Advertorials, Blogs, Etc.
- Handling Crisis management. Stakeholder in ORM
- Commissioning or undertaking relevant market research
- Budget Management, preparation of reports and presentations for reviews, MIS
- Any special projects/ tasks that may be assigned from time to time depending on business requirements by CMO/ MD office
- Studying the organization's objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Responsible for the annual PR plan -planning and execution
- Creating travel and travel experiences content through external/ internal resources and organizing FAM trips
Behavioral Competencies :
- Reliability, and Confidentiality; cheerful disposition and ability to handle the pressure
- Productive and tenacious must be able to take a hands-on approach to projects and see them through to completion.
- Collaborative oriented to work as part of a team able to work with colleagues across geographies.
- Eye for detail must be able to execute work quickly and maintain high service levels.
- Service-oriented must be able to provide value to the business, treating it as an internal client.
- Professional sets high standards.
- Excellent Team Player
Experience required :
- Degree in journalism, PR, Marketing or related field.
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing and ORM
- An ability to work on big strategic plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Responds well under pressure with a strict time limit.