HR at Confidential
Views:320 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Mahindra Holidays - General Manager - Environmental/Health & Safety (18-20 yrs)
Job Title General Manager : Environmental Health & Safety
Job Code : Grade 10
Function : Resort Operations
Sub-Function : Environmental Health & Safety
Location : Mumbai Corporate Office, Worli
Reports To (Title) :
Functionally : Chief Resorts Officer
Administratively : Chief Resorts Officer
Superior's Superior (Title) :
Functionally : MD & CEO
Administratively : MD & CEO
Job Purpose : End to end responsibility for managing the company's Environmental Health and Safety plans, procedures and related aspects by providing expertise and guidance to all resorts and project-teams including renovation, pre-opening, buying new resorts and build out of green-field projects
Company Overview :
- Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd., (MHRIL) is a part of the Leisure and Hospitality sector of the Mahindra Group and brings to the industry values such as Reliability, Trust and Customer Satisfaction. Started in 1996, the company's flagship brand - Club Mahindra Holidays-, today has a fast growing customer base of over 218,000 members and 50 beautiful resorts at some of the most exotic locations in India and abroad.
- Over the last decade, MHRIL has established itself as a market leader in the family holiday business. The company has followed a two pronged strategy - rapidly increasing its bouquet of resorts to provide more variety in holidaying options and enhancing its service levels to its members to provide delight at every point of interaction.
- All MHRIL resorts are totally geared to cater to a variety of holiday needs and experiences in all areas of operation, from housekeeping to food & beverage to holiday activities. Creating and managing the holiday experience is a core strength.
- MHRIL also has a strong network of sales teams spread across length and breadth of India and abroad for acquisition of newer members. The two customer facing business units are centrally supported by corporate enablers to provide its members with world class hospitality and memorable holiday experiences.
Sl. No. Accountabilities :
1. Prepare, Implement and periodically review the MHRIL Environmental Health & Safety Plan with support of the Corporate Chief Engineer
2. Prepare and periodically update the company's Safety Management Standards, Site Procedures, SOPs, Safe Work Procedures etc and ensure that the company's EHS policy and procedures are compliant to OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
3. Support all concerned including Resort Operations team in deriving and analyzing leading and lagging safety metrics for various safety performance and help them in preparation and implementation of the actions plans for improvement
4. Identify and comply to Project Specific EHS needs of Statutory bodies ensure that the Selection of the contractors happen through set prequalification assessments
5. Organize, Coordinate and work as a SPOC for various meetings related to Environmental Health & Safety Commitee with all stakeholders including Resort Operations team, statutory bodies, authorities etc.
6. Conduct regular Audits, Inspections and Mock Drills for Projects and Operations to ensure complete compliance of EHS norms, policies, guidelines and identify and mitigate any possibility of related risks
7. Conduct periodic Trainings and Workshops to enhance Safety awareness among one and all stakeholders
8. Monitor and implement corrective actions to improve company's EHS performance in accordance to J3 EHS standards
9. Prepare and maintain all necessary documentations and records as per statutory requirements and maintain the working records of the Health & Safety Committees
10. Prepare MIS and draw up actionable for gaps/misses for management reporting and assisting the Resort Operation team in effective management of their EHS requirements
Interfaces (If Applicable) :
- Internal Persons Purpose Frequency
- Resort Operations Team - Planning
- Review, Audits & Inspections Monthly
- Projects - Audits & Inspection
- Statutory Compliances Ongoing
- External Persons / Organizations Purpose Frequency
- Authorities & Statutory Bodies - Statutory Requirements
- Audits Need Based