HR at Mahindra Defense Systems Limited
Views:971 Applications:242 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Mahindra Defence Systems - Manager - Business Development (10-15 yrs)
Purpose of the Position :
Function : Marketing & Business Development
Department : Marketing
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Reporting Relationship :
To (Direct) : Chief of Marketing & BD
S. No. :
Order/ Revenue Booking :
1. Ensure booking of orders and realization of revenues as per Annual targets of the organization.
2. Obtain market/ business intelligence for timely decision making and proposal creation
3. Participate in contract negotiations to conclude acceptable commercial terms and conditions
4. Ensure timely collection of payments from customers as per contract.
New Business Development/ Pipeline Building and Networking :
1. Identify prospective clients, engage with them periodically to understand their requirements, make sales pitches, engage with internal teams to create solutions/ proposals and submit in a timely manner to the customers.
2. Identify opportunities/ RFIs/EOIs/RFPs/ Tenders of interest to the company and ensure timely submission of responses or Suo-moto proposals to the customers that can convert into potential business to the organization.
2. Play liaison for all management meetings with customer and/ or key partners for generating new business avenues
3. Participate in or conduct marketing events, seminars, exhibitions or product demonstrations to evince client interests and generate leads for business opportunities.
4. Conduct periodic studies/ reviews on market research/ surveys, generate reports and submit synopsis/ recommendations to enable decision making
Customer Engagement & Management :
1. Engage with new and old customers in a periodic manner to identify new opportunities, report/ resolve existing issues in an amicable way.
2. Interact closely with users to understand the requirements in a more detailed manner or suggest possible solutions for specific problems with the help of technical team.
3. Develop rapport with clients to achieve faster collection of payments and avoiding undue delays.
4. Support project teams by engaging with customer or his associated agenices when needed for resolve of any outstanding issues.
Relationship Management/ Cross Functional Leadership for Critical Projects :
1. Handle partnership with key partners/ Technology OEMs for critical projects involving technology transfer/ absorption requirements
2. Maintain record of risks/ issues with the projects, suggest/ take necessary mitigating actions along with projects team.
3. Liaise with customer for the critical projects identified by the organization and support projects team by seeking and obtaining timely approvals from customer on various deliverables and/or ensuring timely actions (if any) by customer so that there is no delay in project timelines.
4. Manage internal stakeholders of the company to ensure the project milestones are met thereby assuring/ improving the profitability of the project for the organization
Performance Measures :
Functional Competencies :
1. Meeting Revenue Targets through submission of timely and compliant proposals to customers
2. Be adept with industry needs and efficiently has been able to identify avenues to convert into business opportunities for organization. Possess excellent communication and presentation skills that can project org capabilities and strengthen our position/ presence with customers. Ability to generate leads from market and build a strong business pipeline.
3. Ability to internally support, cooperate/ coordinate with members from other departments to ensure timely deliveries are made to customer
4. Be aware of industry trends, competitors, evolving business areas; is efficient in performing analysis and in creation of reports on all marketing aspects to enable management decisions
5. Ability to manage client accounts by ensuring timely activities in a sales cycle which converts into timely pre-tender informations & product demonstrations, timely proposals, timely contract award, timely deliveries and timely payments from customer (i.e from pre-sales to payment collection/ project closure)
Working Relationship :
Internal (Within the Organization): Would be Reporting to Chief of Marketing & BD; interact with all internal stakeholders including Senior Management on as needed basis.
External (Outside the Organization): Would need to interface with Prospective and existing Customers/ Clients, Technology partners and any other associated agencies, Govt. bodies, attend marketing seminars and events for networking and building business relationships, attend pre-tender/ pre-bid and post-bid interactions with customers and competitors.
Desired QR :
Education : Graduate/PG Certification from reputed institute + Commissioned Service in Indian Navy
Experience : 10-15 years
Industry Preference :
Essential: Ex-Naval officer of Anti-Submarine Warfare Cadre with minimum 10 years of service in Indian Navy
Desired: Experience in handling Armament launchers, equipment associated with ASW threat detection/ neutralization, deck machinery, etc. Post Graduate qualifications such as PGDBA/ PGDBA/ MBA/ PMP may be added advantage if basic qualifications are met.