Senior Executive - Human Resources at Comviva Technologies
Views:625 Applications:166 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:89
Mahindra Comviva - Manager - Data Scientist (3-7 yrs)
Job Description for Manager Data Science team (relevant experience: 3-5 years)
- The finance industry has ignored billions of deserving individuals. We are a mission-driven team of finance, analytics, and technology professionals focused on driving financial inclusion to serve the underserved across their credit, savings, and financial needs.
- This role will lead a team of data scientists (3-5 members) which is responsible for the development, monitoring, and driving continuous enhancements to create best in Class models/algorithms to assess response, risk, and fraud across the customer life cycle. The location is Gurgaon.
What we look for:
- Passion for analytics: Should be able to build cutting-edge credit/fraud models using advanced algorithms in a Big data/Machine Learning environment. Should have hands-on experience and a track record of delivering projects in an individual capacity.
- Process-oriented: This should help in building a process that maximizes operating efficiency while maintaining risk across multiple lending cycles. There needs to be an obsession with collecting and analyzing data to drive business iterations and improvements.
- Team Leadership: Should have a track record of leading people effectively functionally driving deliverables as well as nurturing, motivating, and developing the team to drive employee engagement.
- Willingness to go above and beyond: For start-ups the responsibilities and needs of the business change quickly. We're looking for someone who is not afraid to take on calculated risks and can deal with ambiguity.
- Leading of team of 3 - 5 data scientists
- Managing multiple analytics tracks :
- Data collection from multiple partners (Telco, CRB, FI, Govt. database)
- Creation of credit scoring model leveraging big data platform
- Deploying models in cloud and in-premise set up leveraging
- Setting up a process for periodic scoring
- Develop and deploy CSI/PSI process
- Periodic model refresh/recalibration process
- Adhoc analytics for portfolio performance, strategy impact analysis, etc
- Managing engaging with partner data / BI team for collecting and understanding data
- Review meeting with partner credit/collection/fraud team
- Collaborate with internal credit policy/portfolio mgmt. team to drive P&L outcomes
- MIS Process Management
Building reports for model monitoring and drive enhancements :
- Arranging training sessions to upskill the team in analytics problem solving and machine learning algorithms
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong concepts in statistical model building
- Previous experience (more than 2 years) in managing data science team in Bank/ Fin-tech companies
- Hands-on experience in building credit risk models (PD/LGD) using R, Python, or SAS
- Previous experience in working with SQL, Sybase, or Teradata DB
- Previous experience in managing analytics delivery in companies like Amex, EXL, Fractal, etc.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive
Good to have:
- Previous hands-on in risk (credit or fraud) strategy development and deployment
- Experience in model deployments
- Experience in working with credit card firm
- Hands-on experience in working with Telecom data
About Yabx :
Yabx has offices in Gurgaon, Capetown, and Nairobi. The founding team consists of people from IIMs, IITs, and Ivey League Business Schools. The team has significant data analytics, financial services, and global entrepreneurial experience. They are a bunch of supercharged individuals passionate to deliver financial access to every individual. The company was incorporated by Mahindra Comviva in 2017.
The Yabx platform connects banks and financial services providers with prospective customers. These are small & medium enterprises and individuals who need real-time access to credit. For the same, Yabx works with partners such as mobile network operators and mobile wallet providers to reach this target segment. Yabx deploys advanced models using artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics to process a massive volume of data from telecoms and MFS providers and further analyzes this data with the help of these algorithms to derive useful insights.
Yabx's mission is to create world-class innovative products to enable banks and mfis to further improve the lives of these underserved people. More details available on https://yabx.co