Magma Fincorp - Vice President/Head - Operational Risk (12-18 yrs)
Job Purpose :
Lead implementation of enterprise-wide Operational Risk policy and framework and work closely with all businesses and support functions.
- The primary responsibilities would be to identify, measure, monitor, control and report operational risks for the company and evaluate whether the risk management practices are in line with the operational risk strategies and policies.
- Liaison with business teams to review, address and develop plans for significant control processes and gaps.
- Conduct Operational Risk reviews, thematic reviews for all business and support functions.
- Risk control checks and evaluation of new products and processes before being introduced.
- Periodically developing and updating Operational Risk policies and procedures.
- Manage Operational Risk management frameworks Policy Management and formulation.
- Design, monitor and report Key Risk Indicators for each function and develop action plan along with business teams to mitigate risks.
- Analysis and reporting of Operational Loss events.
- Continuous interactions with central functions and branches to reinforce the objectives of Operational Risk in strengthening of processes.
- To facilitate the Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA) by active participation and verifying the results of such assessments for each business and support functions.
- Conduct Branch assurance exercise and rate the branches on defined parameters.
- Undertake Internal Financial Controls (IFC) exercise for the Organisation and update audit committee.
- Propose risk mitigation plans for breaches identified through risk reviews, RCSA, KRIs etc
- Build a strong risk culture within the Organisation with the help of risk awareness trainings, emailers and campaigns.
- Develop and implement Ops risk Strategies to mitigate risks arising out of Operational Risk events in the day to day operations of the company.
- Conduct ORMC meetings at Periodical interval and update the management on risk profile of the company.
Qualification & Experience :
- Expertise in Operational risk management with 12-15 years of experience in financial services.
- Should have Understanding of Credit and risk management policies and processes, knowledge of lending products.
- Should be a Qualified Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance/others from Tier 1/2 Institutes.
- Ideally in the age group of 35-45 years
- Should be from Banking & Financial Industry, preferably NBFC
- Functional Skill - Operational Risk, Internal Audit, Risk framework.
- Networking skill - An effective communicator with strong problem solving & organizational abilities with demonstrated abilities in developing wide-ranging - people- skills
- Interpersonal skill - Excellence in managing stakeholders
- High energy levels and - can do- attitude is essential to succeed in this role.
- Team Management