Magic Bus - Senior Manager - Knowledge Management (8-10 yrs)
Senior Manager - Knowledge Management - Magic Bus India Foundation
About Magic Bus :
Founded in 1999, Magic Bus works with children and young people living in poverty, in India, taking them from a childhood full of challenges to a life with meaningful livelihoods. We equip children and young people in the age group of 12 to 18, with the skills and knowledge they need to grow up and move out of poverty. Children on the Magic Bus programme successfully fend off destabilizers such as child marriage and child labour to complete school and become first-generation salary earners having secure careers in the organized sector.
Our youth-cantered Livelihoods Programme connects the aspirations and potential of young people to available market opportunities. We build their employability skills and map job potential based on individual strengths and mobility. We work with support structures like parents, teachers, the community at large and local government institutions to ensure social, emotional and economic well-being for all young people living in that area. Our approach mobilises the entire ecosystem available to the child or young person to create transformational change in their lives.
Current Context :
Magic Bus today impacts the lives of 400,000 adolescents and more than 40,000 youths directly and thousands of families indirectly. Our Programmes have brought in a paradigm shift for the many families who earlier were constrained by financial compulsions, cultural norms and other adverse living conditions.
While our efforts could bring school drop-out rate to below 5%, child marriage is slowly edging for extinction in the communities where we work. We envision ourselves playing a significant role in touching lives of 1.6 million adolescents and 3, 00,000 youths directly via our Childhood to Livelihood programme by the end of 2023. Like us, many great organisations are today more than willing to invest their trust in our programmes and philosophy and partner with us in realising this dream of ours as well as more than 4,00,000 families.
We feel that being of service to needy is the biggest opportunity that an organization like us can even find and here, we have seized it. We wish to transcend nations and enable thousands of lives in Bangladesh, Myanmar and Nepal who are reeling under poverty escape its vicious cycle.
As we grow, each individual assumes a higher level accountability. In this context, we seek to strengthen the evaluation process as well as knowledge management of the organization. The DGM- Knowledge Management and Learning will lead the knowledge management, learning, thought leadership and research domain which form integral part of the Impact vertical at Magic Bus.
Key responsibilities :
- Lead and manage the knowledge management, learning and thought leadership functions as part of Impact team
- Developing and rolling out frameworks and guidelines for knowledge management, learning, advocacy support and thought leadership
- To provide support in designing and managing high impact research studies on specific issues to capture our long term impact
- Develop and facilitate the development of concept notes, research papers, research briefs for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, manage, and publish small case stories, research briefs and key successes of the MB programme for advocacy and disseminating the learning
- Analysing the data and finding on key trends and insights for communicating impact of Magic Bus work
- Working closely with government partnership, sustainability and programme teams to understand the requirements and providing key impact documents as per their requirement
- Creating and managing learning forums and community of practices on key thematic areas
- Presenting impact of Magic Bus work in external forums and in conferences
Desired Competencies :
- An excellent research writing skills
- Proven ability in conducting and facilitating quantitative and qualitative analysis
- 5 to 10 years of experience in writing papers, research publication, documentation
- Proven ability of drawing stories/insights from multiple reports
- Experience in working with different teams and verticals
- Proven ability to deal and manage hard deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently
- Learning behaviour
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, resourceful and able to participate in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Candidates having experience in education sector will be preferred
Qualification & Work experience :
- Post graduate or PhD in social science a reputed institution. The candidates with quantitative subjects like economics, demography etc. will be preferred
- 8 to 10 year of experience in working on, research, knowledge management, advocacy support vertical
- Excellent data analysis and report writing
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
Team coordination :
- Government Partnership team - Close coordination with the team to provide required evidences to support advocacy initiatives
- Programme Operations team - An ongoing collaboration within the team and create a conducive environment for sharing of information constructive criticism and suggestion alongside the regular progress of programmes.
- Sustainability /Fundraising team - Extend support to the Fundraising teams in creating descriptive as well as narrative reports among other things.
- Communications Team - To develop effective channel for internal as well as external communications, milestones achieved, success stories etc.
- Other support functions - to ensure adequate manpower, fund allocation & accuracy, technology enablement are in place.
To the Director - Impact
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.