Magic Bus - Director - Information Technology (20-25 yrs)
Location - Mumbai
Founded in 1999, Magic Bus works with children and young people living in poverty, in India, taking them from a childhood full of challenges to a life with meaningful livelihoods. We equip children and young people in the age group of 12 to 18, with the skills and knowledge they need to grow up and move out of poverty. Children on the Magic Bus programme successfully fend off destabilizers such as child marriage and child labour to complete school and become first-generation salary earners having secure careers in the organized sector. Magic Bus is recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of India's Best Employers among Nation Builders
The Role - We are looking for a Director-IT to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our organization. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company's technologies are used appropriately. You will be responsible for automating the business processes, arresting the breakdowns, integrating the cross functional processes and improving operational efficiencies in the system. Eventually, it should lead to reducing operational cost and enable operational /management decision-making Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts.
- Develop technical aspects of the company's strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Identifying key business processes, simplify / improve them to build operational efficiencies and managerial decision-making.
- Represent the technological agenda in top management meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Responsible for the implementation and operations of all technology infrastructures for 2000 plus employees spread across 80 locations plus 60 livelihood centres which includes data center, network and server services, mobile devices, tabs, 500 end users for laptops, service monitoring, user support/help desk, workstation, servers, storage and related software. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and security for all IT systems and infrastructure.
- Planning for adequate fund, people, infrastructure and administrative support for the deployment and operations across locations in the Region.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Work closely with all Functional teams to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Use stakeholders' feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Overseeing the design and implementation of IT projects that bring about positive changes in our functioning and in turn, in the lives of children.
- Develop and managing in house applications for various Magic Bus programs. For eg we have a home grown platform called Oasys for education program
- Developing IT platforms for meet organization wide Technology requirements
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Setting up periodic trainings for all employees on IT Security, Cyber Threat Management, Malware, Ransomware
- Implementation of various IT policies and best IT practices in the organization
- 20 plus years of experience in managing IT teams at organizations of repute
- BTech/ MTech /MCA with relevant IT certifications
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and justifying
- Communicating with the technology team and other departments as collaboration requires
- Determining business requirements for IT systems
- Ability to Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security
- Experience of directing and supporting the implementation of new software and hardware
- Ability to Identify and recommend new technology solutions
- Implement IT policies in the organization
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.