Maersk - Senior Specialist - Procurement - WalkIn (6-10 yrs)
Venue: IT Info Park, 7th D Building, Viman Nagar Avenue 1, Near Weikfield, Viman Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411014
Walk InTime-10 AM-2PM
Note : All the candidates to carry their original documents( Updated resume/educational/Work experience letters/ Last 03 months salary slips/ recent increment letter) for on the spot offer.
Job Title: Senior Specialist (Procurement)
Role reports to: Procurement - LOC
Location of Role: Pune Global Service Centres
Reportees : Nil
Description of Role :
About Maersk :
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013.
When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs- competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres.
The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.
Key Words- Procurement/ Contract Management /P2P/ procurement cycle / purchase order / purchase requisition /PO /( SAP is Mandate)
Qualification: Commerce Graduates/MBA
Experience: 6-10 Years
Key Responsibilities :
- Ownership of rates and contracts
- Maintain full rate and contract repository for the region
- On a day to day basis liase and conclude on rates for new vendors
- Liaising/escalating to ensure rates are available before expiry
- Pro-actively follow-up of the rates that are about to expire in 3 months and ensure rates are available to finance for cost validation
- Ensure completeness of available rates and contracts
- For new vendors, ensure process is set up to have rates available before business transactions are initiated.
- Updating in the financial system
- Updating rates and contracts in the financial system
- Where rates are tiered rates, then monitor continuously to ensure updates are done based on volume
- Ensure for specific expenses contracts and relevant formulas are updated in financial system
- Prepare and publish dashboards on rates analysis
- Compare and analyse different vendors in different terminals and come up with cost optimization ideas.
- Prepare high impact reports on areas of cost leakage due to incorrect usage of rates.
Stakeholder management :
- Role will be reporting and liaising closely with the local procurement team
- Be a part of procurement discussion with vendor on rates disputes
Key Performance Indicators :
Performance against Key Responsibilities will be measured based on separate KPIs developed for the position. These will be established and agreed upon within the overall KPIs that are determined for the business Unit. Indicative performance measurements are:
- % of rates updated in financial system
- % of contracts and rates available in the repository
Key skills for the role :
- Bachelor / Master Degree holder in procurement/supply chain management
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word
- Excellent Communication Skills with good English speaking knowledge.
- Demonstrable track record in a similarly complex and challenging role.
- Good understanding of terminal and shipping costs and prior experience in shipping industry is an added advantage
- Soft skills
Key requirements (in addition to normal qualifications)
- Thrives on challenges, acts with a sense of urgency
- Ability to handle multiple countries, has worked in different cultures.
- Able to combine commercial knowledge and technical financial expertise
- Ability to work as part of a large multinational organisation, capable of influencing and understanding global view
- Strong interpersonal skills particularly motivational and communication skills
- Dynamic in nature and be prepared for robust changes happening in accounting and reporting department.
Position Specifications :
- Job Knowledge & Competency
- Understand the Operational business processes across Maersk business
- Basic knowledge of Reporting concepts internally and externally
Learning description of the role :
- Maersk specific systems and working knowledge of the systems -
Operating Network :
- Head of procurement
- Local CFO
- Procurement managers
- Finance business partners
- Cost controllers
- Execution team
- Master Data team