Maersk - Senior Reporting Specialist/Associate Accounting Specialist - WalkIn (5-10 yrs)
Role : Reporting - Senior Reporting Specialist (A3 - Associate Accounting Specialist)
Job Level required - JL3
- The role requires previous work experience in Accounting to Reporting.
- The Senior Specialist should possess good knowledge of the functional area and understand the overall nature of the business.
- The Senior Specialist may supervise the work activities of those covering a limited range of activities.
- The Senior Specialist works independently within defined boundaries and guidelines in specific area but will require supervision on more complex assignments.
- Knowledge is required for the application of practical methods, techniques, work procedures and processes.
- The Senior Specialist should resolve problems through a choice between known alternatives, within the area of expertise.
- The direct manager will evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of the solution.
Key Accountabilities :
- Assists in the basic analysis and interpretation of financial information for period end closing
- Ensures that data is moved from ERP to consolidation system and validation errors if any are handled
- Performs reconciliations between ERP and consolidation system
- Prepares monthly reports and analysis and participates in implementation towards new system functionalities.
- For technical issues, investigates and raises technical incidents/Performs root cause for technical incidents
- Suggests improvements and provides data for decision making
- Acts as a super user ensuring a degree of governance and compliance
- Ensures alignment of all SOP with the overall frame work
- Ensures timely resolution of queries from auditors
Skills required to do the job
- 5+ years of experience in General Accounting experience
- One Stream/HFM intermediary skills
- Good skills in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to work under pressure during month end days
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Comfortable working with multiple projects at the same time
- Thrives in an environment characterized by challenges and change.
- Enjoys working with others but also comfortable working independently when required
- Owners mentality and ability to challenge