Maersk - Liner Accountant - GST - CA - WalkIn (3-7 yrs)
Venue: IT Info Park, 7th D Building, Viman Nagar Avenue 1, Near Weikfield, Viman Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411014
Walk In Time-10 AM-2PM
Note : All the candidates to carry their original documents( Updated resume/educational/Work experience letters/ Last 03 months salary slips/ recent increment letter) for on the spot offer.
Job Title : Liner Accountant - GST
Keywords: GST, Direct Taxation, Indirect Taxation, Accounting, Controlling, SAP, Reporting
Years of experience : 3-7 years of post-qualification experience within Tax (Indirect & Direct Tax) and accounting.
Shift : Flexible Shifts
Qualification : Qualified Chartered Accountant
Job Purpose/summary :
- Associate Accountant/ Liner Accountant will be part of the Tax & Accounting organization and will work with wide range of stakeholders within and outside the finance and operations organization.
- Associate Accountant/ Liner Accountant will be responsible to ensure that the Tax return are aligned with Financial records in SAP, identification of Tax exposure, global accounting processes (IFRS) and group guidelines are followed. He / She will also be responsible to liaise with auditors.
- He/she is expected to act proactively to search for and implement continuous improvements in areas of Tax & General Ledger accounting, controlling and reporting.
- So if you are looking for challenges with a strong urge to take your capabilities further, operating with a global perspective and working with motivated colleagues - this is a great opportunity
Key activities/responsibilities would be:
1) Perform detail analysis of Tax return filed versus the financial records. Cover for the Tax exposure, identify the time barred tax assets & liabilities and take proactive action.
2) Review & validate the Tax records - direct & Indirect transactions recorded as per the legal requirement.
3) Liaise and provide timely updates to all the stakeholders
4) Initiate follow-up on the open items or unsettled tax assets/liabilities.
5) Ensure end to end ownership, controlling and reporting of tax submission, review of return & make the required corrections in SAP.
6) Suggest recommendations for development and implement changes to processes and systems -
- Considering latest development in Tax & accounting.
- Which will minimise risk, improve control environment and productivity.
Required experience & skills :
1) Financial educational background as Chartered Accountant.
2) Minimum 3-7 years of post-qualification experience within Tax (Indirect & Direct Tax) and accounting.
3) Preparation & Filing of GST/TDS/Income tax return and good conceptual understanding of Indirect & Direct Tax.
4) Excellent analytical skill to cover for Tax exposure identification, and alignment of the Financial books (i.e.SAP)
5) Excellent Communication and Presentation skill.
6) Working knowledge of SAP & Microsoft office.
7) Proactive, Self-motivated and continuously looks for opportunities to improve Tax & accounting processes by exploring new approaches and ideas.
8) High competency in written and verbal English
9) Adapts easily to a fast changing environment and ability to handle phases with high workload and unplanned activities.
10) Team player - works together with others to achieve results and fosters teamwork.
11) Shipping/ Transportation industry experience would be an added advantage but not mandatory.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.