Maersk Line - Team Lead - Strategic Sourcing (9-15 yrs)
Maersk is looking for Team Lead - Strategic Sourcing
A career as an internal procurement consultant in a Fortune 500 company: For us, fast growth means a steady stream of new challenges, and a constant need for new ideas, knowledge and talent to overcome them. This makes our organization a dynamic environment where your creativity, ambition and problem-solving skills will be put to the test every day.
The opportunity to work on projects around the world: You will join an organization with the size and global reach it takes for you to make your mark on the world. We work out of offices in Copenhagen and Mumbai. An environment where you will consistently work at the edge of your comfort zone and experience a high degree of empowerment in project strategy, tactics and implementing innovative solutions.
In addition to working on the projects you will also deploy your leadership skill by leading a Team of strong and passionate Procurement Professionals.
Full integration with the internal clients they are our colleagues. Extensive formal training focused on improving your on the job hard and soft skills & capabilities
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
You will be part of the Strategic Sourcing team which supports the Maersk brands on a wide range of sourcing projects and initiatives globally. You will be responsible and accountable for leading and supporting projects and lead work streams for different business units in close cooperation with internal stakeholders. These could represent anything from $5m to $500m in annual spend.
You will get exposed to a variety of classical (procurement) consultancy tasks e.g:
- Leading creative idea generation workshops with suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- Developing new models to analyze supplier offers and quantify total costs and total values of ownership;
- Mapping and analyzing data on current spend patterns and identifying cost drivers and opportunities in complex marketplaces;
- Communicating complicated messages in compelling ways to senior levels within the businesses
- Preparing and executing different types of negotiations
- Having direct accountability for project management of advanced and complex projects across spend categories & brands including playing a lead role for global engagements owned by Strategic Sourcing
- Leading a team of high performing sourcing professionals in Mumbai)
- Setting the strategic direction and priorities for the team as part of Strategic Sourcing Leadership team
- Developing a robust pipeline of projects across brands together with regional procurement leaders, and ensuring the proper support is deployed across initiatives to maximize value for the business
- Driving a high level of team engagement and performance through coaching, mentoring, and acting as a sparring partner on projects and individuals
- Driving strategic leadership through talent management and succession planning
- Developing departmental plans, including long term and short-term priorities jointly with the Strategic Sourcing Leadership.
- Finally, you will have significant responsibility from the start and be expected to execute and deliver on time and in line with very ambitious targets.
We are looking for
Our employees represent a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience and nationalities - most important to us is your personal skills. You must thrive in a fast paced, fast changing and dynamic environment and be a true team player with strong analytical abilities and interpersonal, and communication skills. The ideal candidate would look like the below:
- Holds a masters degree within business, economics, engineering or supply chain where you finished top of the class
- Relevant work experience of around 7-10 years from a reputed organization focusing on procurement and/or project management and/or consulting and/or leadership
- Top performer who excels in executing under pressure and over-delivering towards their clients
- Understands stakeholder management excellence and can build rapport even in challenging situations
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and preferably with good experience with financial /excel modelling
- Is good in our key differentiating sourcing skills: Sourcing Strategy, Negotiations, Cost Modelling and Project Management
- International mindset, willingness to travel and excitement to engage in cross-cultural stakeholder management
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about leadership and building effective teams
- You are self-driven, analytical and result-oriented with an open and international mindset. In addition, you are service-minded, persist strong communication skills and take pride in providing a good service to both stakeholders and to the colleagues who rely on you. You are also highly reliable with a flexible approach to whatever work you undertake, have the ability to take the initiative, to prioritize and to organize your workload.
Kindly apply directly on https://maersk.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Maersk_Careers/job/IN- Mumbai/Mumbai-Team-Lead- Strategic-Sourcing_R6316
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.