Staffing Consultant at Maersk Line
Views:489 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Maersk Line - Lead - Cost Management (3-8 yrs)
Cost Management Lead
Job Description :
We Offer :
- In this role, you will gain industry knowledge, international experience, communication skills and techniques relevant to cost management related to logistics operations & vendor management.
- This will equip you with the competencies required for cost management, managing operations/supply chain with vendor facing roles, deepen your potential and career development as well as contribute to you teams and organisation's success.
- This will also provide an opportunity to work on cross functional projects involving cost optimization.
- This is an opportunity for graduates with cost and logistics experience to grow and develop in an enriching environment while bringing their best skills and talents to the forefront.
Key Responsibilities :
- Build strong and lasting improvements in processes and performance related to cost.
- Ensure cost is correctly captured and updated in relevant cost systems
- Perform predictable and retro-active analysis of day to day execution cycles wrt cost
- Conduct regular sessions with execution teams on performance management on cost
- Actively engage with team members to look at avenues to save cost & Run with cost savings plans and initiatives
- Perform cost related audits to ensure that process compliance is adhered to
- Work towards optimising and automate processes both internally & externally (vendors/industry)
- Engage in constructive problem resolution and provide solutions.
- Act and communicate proactively and keep all stakeholders informed of any issues
- Address root causes and seek continuous improvements constantly look for ways to improve processes.
Who we are looking for :
- Bachelor/Master's Degree level with 3-5 years of experience.
- Previous experience in shipping/ logistics with exposure to cost is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of applying statistical methods of inference in complex business cases.
- Advance analytical skills in terms of extraction, cleaning, transforming, analysing and representing data
- Advanced excel and related platforms skill
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An excellent team player
- Able to work under pressure.
- Well organised, efficient and effective.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- The ideal candidate will be a person who has strong business, market and customer understanding with a passion to arrive at data driven decision making and process improvements.
- Is able to influence and persuade the stake holders and bring about improvements. Has the ability to take ownership and work for early resolution and closure of action items. Works accurately with eye for detail.