Staffing Consultant at Maersk Line
Views:846 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Maersk Line - Head - Legal Shared Services (7-20 yrs)
Maersk Legal Shared Services provides legal, claims, compliance and corporate services to a diverse range of functions across the Maersk Group. The successful candidate will be heading up a large team of in-house lawyers, insurance and claims specialists, compliance officers and other experts focused on meeting customer needs whilst mitigating risk across the business. The team operates in a matrix organisation, interacting with senior stakeholders from Copenhagen, The Hague and around the world on a daily basis providing legal advice and guidance to the business.
Reporting to the Head of Maritime Law & Claims in Copenhagen, the Head of Maersk Legal Shared Services has responsibility for oversight of day-to-day legal processes, including:
- Day-to-day management of customer claims, marine insurance activities, vessel related claims, incident management activities, contractual risk management, foreign trade controls, facility management and more;
- Independently managing and delivering results as directed by the business and functional stakeholders;
- Co-ordinating specialised teams to deliver key department-wide objectives such as third-party recoveries, customer intelligence and marine incident management;
- Removing blockages and assisting with ad hoc complex legal issues;
- Liaising with functional leaders to drive performance and continuously innovate to improve service;
- Identifying process gaps and inefficiencies and driving improvements in cooperation with functional experts;
- Leading Maritime Law & Claims projects;
- To continuously train, stretch, expose and develop the team to build business knowledge, functional expertise and soft skills;
- Strategically managing team capabilities to maximise individual potential for the benefit of business stakeholders;
- Creating visibility and transparency for the Maritime Law & Claims team through quarterly reporting for management and key stakeholders.
The incumbent will additionally be part of the office leadership team and represent the department interests in the local organisation.
- 7+ years- experience in a marine claims, maritime law or marine insurance discipline;
- 3+ years prior experience leading a large team or leading leaders;
- Experience working in a multinational company with stakeholders across different geographies. Experience working outside own home country is preferred;
- Process design experience with a qualification such as Six Sigma or PEX preferred;
- Proven ability to analyse and evaluate risk data, anticipate issues and derive structured strategies.
- A strong and consistent sense of ownership and responsibility for business risk;
- Deft and adept at operating in a complex stakeholder landscape;
- An ability to work in an agile manner, getting things done whilst ensuring that stakeholders and team members are involved at all relevant times.