Maersk Line - Head - Legal Shared Services (7-20 yrs)
Maersk Legal Shared Services provides legal, claims, compliance and corporate services to a diverse range of functions across the Maersk Group. The successful candidate will be heading up a large team of in-house lawyers, insurance and claims specialists, compliance officers and other experts focused on meeting customer needs whilst mitigating risk across the business. The team operates in a matrix organisation, interacting with senior stakeholders from Copenhagen, The Hague and around the world on a daily basis providing legal advice and guidance to the business.
Reporting to the Head of Maritime Law & Claims in Copenhagen, the Head of Maersk Legal Shared Services has responsibility for oversight of day-to-day legal processes, including:
- Day-to-day management of customer claims, marine insurance activities, vessel related claims, incident management activities, contractual risk management, foreign trade controls, facility management and more;
- Independently managing and delivering results as directed by the business and functional stakeholders;
- Co-ordinating specialised teams to deliver key department-wide objectives such as third-party recoveries, customer intelligence and marine incident management;
- Removing blockages and assisting with ad hoc complex legal issues;
- Liaising with functional leaders to drive performance and continuously innovate to improve service;
- Identifying process gaps and inefficiencies and driving improvements in cooperation with functional experts;
- Leading Maritime Law & Claims projects;
- To continuously train, stretch, expose and develop the team to build business knowledge, functional expertise and soft skills;
- Strategically managing team capabilities to maximise individual potential for the benefit of business stakeholders;
- Creating visibility and transparency for the Maritime Law & Claims team through quarterly reporting for management and key stakeholders.
The incumbent will additionally be part of the office leadership team and represent the department interests in the local organisation.
- 7+ years- experience in a marine claims, maritime law or marine insurance discipline;
- 3+ years prior experience leading a large team or leading leaders;
- Experience working in a multinational company with stakeholders across different geographies. Experience working outside own home country is preferred;
- Process design experience with a qualification such as Six Sigma or PEX preferred;
- Proven ability to analyse and evaluate risk data, anticipate issues and derive structured strategies.
- A strong and consistent sense of ownership and responsibility for business risk;
- Deft and adept at operating in a complex stakeholder landscape;
- An ability to work in an agile manner, getting things done whilst ensuring that stakeholders and team members are involved at all relevant times.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.