Staffing Consultant at Maersk Line
Views:582 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Maersk Line - Head - Knowledge Centre - Procurement Team (10-15 yrs)
Maersk is looking to hire Head of Knowledge Centre for our Procurement Team in Mumbai.
We are looking for a General Manager to lead an internal Knowledge Centre supporting Maersk Procurement. The Knowledge Centre is an intelligence and support function consisting of +20 ambitious team members based in Mumbai predominantly to support the Maersk Procurement functions within the A.P. Moller Maersk. The team specializes in supporting our 600+ procurement colleagues across the globe with Market Research, Data Analysis, and PowerPoint creation.
The Head of Knowledge Centre reports directly to the Managing Director of Maersk Procurement, Mumbai. Here, you will be working with the MD on strategic initiatives or Projects driven out of Mumbai. You will play an integral role as you leverage your high degree of confidence, integrity, and professionalism.
As a Head of the Knowledge Centre, you will build an extensive understanding of the A.P. Moller Maersk through cooperation and interaction with various procurement offices providing a solid platform for your future career and development within the organization.
Maersk Procurement is a service function within the A.P. Moller Maersk supporting our business units globally. In Maersk Procurement our vision is: Every dollar spent is spent professionally.
Roles and Responsibilities :
The head of Knowledge Centre is expected to :
- Manage and maintain a complex network of stakeholders at varying levels of seniority (e.g. CPOs, Procurement Heads, Sourcing Managers and Category Managers) and align with them on deliverables and timelines to meet our dynamic business requirements across geographies.
- Monitor and maintain the existing defined status quo and continuously focus on improving deliverables to our stakeholders
- Improve reach and usage of the Knowledge Centre through regular interactions with our stakeholders through existing and new communication channels
- As a leader of leaders, you are expected to act as a mentor and guide your team and actively participate in the holistic development of your team
- The Knowledge Centre supports Group Procurement with the following products:
- Market Research (suppliers profiling, industry analysis etc.)
- Data Analysis (sourcing analysis, TCO modelling etc.)
- PowerPoint Support (layout and message enhancements)
Key Measures :
- Process Standardization
- Process Automation
- Internal customer satisfaction score
- Engagement Levels
- Efficiency gains
- Business outcomes
- PPI (Process Performance Indicator) improvements
Desired Candidate Profile :
The ideal candidate has +10 years of relevant work experience working as a leader of leaders with experience in managing large team and has a proven track record in - Delivering knowledge-based services to multiple clients across geographies
- Experience with process optimization and change management
- Proactive collaboration with suppliers, business partners and senior stakeholders
- Structured and analytical mindset
- Transformative and Collaborative mindset with strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Agile approach to prioritization of key deliverables
- Ocean Procurement / finance experience beneficial, in either functional or management capacity
- Cross-cultural understanding
- International travel experience is an added advantage
- An engineering/MBA or equivalent degree in the relevant area
Personal characteristics :
- Resilient and committed
- Belief in tapping into collective intelligence
- Mindset to co-create, co-risk and co-own initiatives
- Result oriented, fact-based and the patience to take people along on a change journey.
- Confident in working cross-functionally / Cross Geography / virtual environment