HR at Maersk Line
Views:13519 Applications:616 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:440
Maersk Line - Deputy Manager - Legal - Maersk Procurement (3-7 yrs)
We are looking for Deputy Manager to join our team of professionals in Mumbai and support the MPRO Governance team where one will build an extensive understanding of the Maersk Group through cooperation and interaction with various stakeholders providing a solid platform for future career and development within the Group.
We Offer :
When you join Maersk, you'll find that the world is your workplace. You'll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Key Responsibilities :
- Company Secretarial Compliance
- Advising the Management on legal issues, risks involved therein, regulatory requirements, complexities of agreement structures. Identifying risks and advising on mitigation etc
- Monitoring and Reporting all Statutory and regulatory Compliances of group entities, including Labour Law and Environmental Law, FEMA, FDI, etc.
- Developing comprehensive compliance checklist
- Reviewing contracts
- Liaising closely with business owners and other legal departments in the Group
- Advising stakeholders on the legal implication of the clauses in contracts
- Negotiations with suppliers and/or customer
- Creating legal awareness
- Develop - eye to eye Relationship and engagement with internal stakeholders and implement process capability.
- Provide consistent and predictable high-quality service to business partners and end customers
- Ensuring a well-governed and diligent contracting process from start to finish
Who we are looking for :
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor of Law and has affiliation to ICSI as a Company Secretary.
- The candidate has 3-5 years of experience in secretarial compliance and preferably experience from an in-house function in an internationally oriented law firm or international corporation with an experience in single headedly dealing (drafting, reviewing and finalizing) with agreements
- Understanding of Indian Companies Act is a must.
- Understanding of international commercial law and shipping law is preferred.
- Given high stakeholder interaction excellent English skills both oral as well as written are required and proven capability in MS Office is expected