Maersk Line - Associate Legal Counsel - Data Privacy (3-12 yrs)
We are looking to hire Associate Legal Counsel for our Legal Team in Mumbai location
Maersk Legal Shared Services provides legal, claims and compliance services to a diverse range of functions across the Maersk Group. The successful candidate will be joining a large team of in-house lawyers, claims specialists, compliance officers and other experts focused on meeting customer needs whilst mitigating risk across the business. The team operates in a matrix organization, interacting with senior stakeholders from Copenhagen, The Hague and around the world on a daily basis whilst providing important advice and guidance to the business.
We Offer -
When you join Maersk, you'll find that the world is your workplace. You'll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness, we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job - irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief.
Key Responsibilities -
The Associate Legal Counsel, Data Privacy will provide day-to-day advice to the business and support our Copenhagen team on a wide range of projects and initiatives around data privacy compliance, including:
- Acting as the point of contact for, and consulting with, stakeholders on matters related to processing of personal data;
- Drafting and maintaining of data privacy global notices and different global data privacy policies to cover the collection and further processing of personal data;
- Supporting and monitoring of compliance with the global data privacy policies, other relevant data privacy provisions and appropriate global internal data privacy policies and procedures;
- Support the personal data mapping processes and monitor their performance;
- Drafting and negotiation of contractual data privacy clauses in different type of agreements;
- Organize meetings, internal trainings and maintain minutes of the meetings;
- Support in defining the means of processing when working jointly with other controllers or with processors;
- Support the efforts of drafting and updating data privacy related frameworks and other documentations;
- Support efforts of drafting and updating contractual templates;
- Support efforts of drafting and updating data privacy related compliance templates (i.e. consent forms, privacy notices, etc.)
We are looking for -
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor of Law. Master of Law a plus.
- The candidate has 3-5 years of experience from an in-house function in an internationally oriented law firm or international corporation with an experience in single headedly dealing (drafting, reviewing and finalizing) with agreements.
- Experience of working in data privacy or related compliance experience preferred
- Understanding of international commercial law and Data Privacy/Tech law is preferred.
- Familiarity with EU GDPR legislation
- Given high stakeholder interaction excellent English skills both oral as well as written are required and proven capability in MS Office is expected
- Ability to take a strategic approach
- Good communication and analytical skills
Female candidates preferred