HR at Maersk Line
Views:17006 Applications:1631 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1057
Maersk Line - Assistant Sourcing Project Manager (5-10 yrs)
Job Title : Maersk - Assistant Sourcing Project Manager
Job description :
We are looking for an Assistant Sourcing Project Manager to join our strategic sourcing team within Maersk Procurement within the A.P. Moller Maersk Group supporting our business globally. In Maersk Procurement our vision is: Every dollar spent is spent professionally.
It will be an opportunity to have a career as a global strategic sourcing professional in a Fortune 500 company: For us, fast growth means a steady stream of new challenges, and a constant need for new ideas, knowledge and talent to overcome them.
About Company :
The Maersk Group is a worldwide organization with about 76.000 employees and offices in around 130 countries. In addition to owning one of the world's largest shipping companies, Maersk is also involved in a wide range of activities within the energy, shipping and manufacturing industries. In 2018, MaerskGroup was no. 305 in the Fortune Global 500 listing.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Maersk Procurement coordinates and carries out procurement for the Maersk Group. Since 2001, we have been developing long-standing, mutually beneficial relationships with a large number of suppliers across the world. Maersk Procurement is responsible for sourcing goods and services for the Group, selecting suppliers and negotiating agreements. Once the agreements are in place, both we and the various companies within the Maersk Group make sure that both operational purchasing and relationship building is carried out on a day-to-day basis.
In Maersk Procurement the latest procurement tools and processes are utilized with the aim of optimizing the Total Cost of Ownership for the benefit of the Business Units in the Maersk Group. Maersk operates out of 20+ different locations. In Mumbai it operates as Group Procurement Services India Pvt. Limited (- GSIPL- ). This entity is part of the global procurement related services offered by Maersk Procurement.
We Offer :
Knowledge beyond borders: In Maersk's Procurement, which currently operates out of more than 20 locations globally, we believe in an environment that focuses on individual talent, skills and interests. We strive to be best in class by utilizing our access to knowledge accumulated in 100+ Maersk countries. International exposure: As part of your job you will be building relationships with stakeholders across the globe.
On-the-job learning: You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions, practices and domains. We are a dynamic, performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. We live our values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to always change for the better.
Key Responsibilities :
You will be responsible and accountable for supporting projects and lead work streams for different Maersk brands in close cooperation with internal stakeholders. These could represent anything from a million dollar to multi-million dollar (upto 500 Mn) in annual spend.
As an Assistant Project Manager you will get exposed to a variety of classical (strategic sourcing) consultancy tasks e.g.:
- Leading creative idea generation workshops with suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- Developing new models to analyze supplier offers and quantify total costs and total values of ownership;
- Mapping and analyzing data on current spend patterns and identifying cost drivers and opportunities in complex marketplaces;
- Communicating complicated messages in compelling ways to senior levels within the businesses;
- Preparing for different types of negotiations;
Finally, you will have significant responsibility from the start and be expected to execute and deliver on time and in line with very ambitious savings targets.
Who we are looking for :
Our employees represent a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience and nationalities - most important to us is your personal skills. You must thrive in a fast paced, fast changing and dynamic environment and be a true team player with strong analytical abilities and interpersonal, and communication skills. The ideal candidate would look like the below:
- Holds a Bachelor's degree at minimum but preferably also an MBA / Master's degree
- Relevant work experience ranging between 3 - 6 years from a reputed organization focusing on procurement and/or project management. Preferably from Logistics and Shipping background .
- Top performer who excels in executing under pressure and over-delivering towards their clients/stakeholders
- Understands stakeholder management excellence and can build rapport even in challenging situations
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and preferably with good experience with financial /excel modeling
- Potential to quickly excel in our key differentiating sourcing skills: Sourcing Strategy, Negotiations, Cost Modeling and Project Management
- International mindset, willingness to travel and excitement to engage in foreign stakeholder management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit