Maersk Line - Assistant Project Manager - IT Sourcing & Procurement (8-10 yrs)
Maersk - Opening for Assistant Project Manager - IT Sourcing & Procurement
We are looking for a Assistant Project Manager - IT Sourcing & Procurement to join the Maersk Group's Procurement team based in Mumbai, India supporting our business units globally.
In Group Procurement our vision is : Every dollar spent is spent professionally
- It will be an opportunity to have a career as a global strategic sourcing professional in a Fortune 500 company: For us, fast growth means a steady stream of new challenges, and a constant need for new ideas, knowledge and talent to overcome them.
- A chance to work on projects around the world: You will join an organization with the size and global reach it takes for you to make your mark on the world. We work out of offices in Mumbai, Copenhagen, United Kingdom. An environment where you will consistently work at the edge of your comfort zone and experience a high degree of empowerment in project strategy, tactics and implementing innovative solutions.
About Company :
The Maersk Group is a worldwide organization with about 76.000 employees and offices in around 130 countries. In addition to owning one of the world's largest shipping companies, Maersk is also involved in a wide range of activities within the energy, shipping and manufacturing industries. In 2018, MaerskGroup was no. 305 in the Fortune Global 500 listing.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Maersk Procurement coordinates and carries out procurement for the Maersk Group. Since 2001, we have been developing long-standing, mutually beneficial relationships with a large number of suppliers across the world. Maersk Procurement is responsible for sourcing goods and services for the Group, selecting suppliers and negotiating agreements.
Once the agreements are in place, both we and the various companies within the Maersk Group make sure that both operational purchasing and relationship building is carried out on a day-to-day basis.
In Maersk Procurement the latest procurement tools and processes are utilized with the aim of optimizing the Total Cost of Ownership for the benefit of the Business Units in the Maersk Group. Maersk operates out of 20+ different locations. In Mumbai it operates as Group Procurement Services India Pvt. Limited (- GSIPL- ). This entity is part of the global procurement related services offered by Maersk Procurement.
We Offer :
Knowledge beyond borders :
- In Maersk's Procurement, which currently operates out of more than 20 locations globally, we believe in an environment that focuses on individual talent, skills and interests. We strive to be best in class by utilizing our access to knowledge accumulated in 100+ Maersk countries. International exposure: As part of your job you will be building relationships with stakeholders across the globe.
On-the-job learning :
- You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions, practices and domains. We are a dynamic, performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. We live our values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to always change for the better.
Key Responsibilities :
- You will be responsible for driving IT-sourcing projects over all Maersk Business units in accordance with Group Procurement's framework and sourcing steps.
- Manage cross functional project teams across different departments, business units and geographies
- Prepare and negotiate contracts in close collaboration with legal counsel and project team.
- Support the IT community with the Maersk Group to develop procurement strategies for all IT categories in the group.
- Mapping and analyzing data on current spend patterns and identifying cost drivers and opportunities in complex marketplaces
- Conduct in depth market and supplier research
- Manage and execute RFI/RFP's and act as single point of contact for supplier during negotiations
- Manage senior stakeholder engagement via steering committees
- Facilitate technical scope discussions
Finally, you will gather and analyze business and market intelligence to assist strategic decision making within the IT community.
Who we are looking for :
Our employees represent a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience and nationalities - most important to us is your personal skills. You must thrive in a fast paced, fast changing and dynamic environment and be a true team player with strong analytical abilities and interpersonal, and communication skills. The ideal candidate would look like the below:
- You have actively been involved in IT commercial activities for a minimum of 5-7 years where you have acquired experience in strategic sourcing, supplier negotiations, contract management and project management.
- Preferably you have strong knowledge of the IT industry - hardware, software, Cloud and IT-services. Either with industry experience from a vendor or from a similar position in other global company.
Ideally, you come with a background as a Project Manager, Procurement Manager, Management Consultant or Technical Consultant in the IT-field, and a proven track record of :
- IT hardware, software, Cloud and IT-services procurement
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Technical understanding of IT
- Proactive collaboration with suppliers, business partners and key stakeholders
- Business acumen