Maersk - Lead - Vendor Management (8-12 yrs)
Maersk is the largest container shipping company in the world, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We intend to be - Global Integrator of Container Logistics- and serve customers across their supply chains. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards, and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises; promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
The role will manage a portfolio of more than ~150 million $ comprising of a pool of suppliers in transportation, warehousing & custom documentation across the Indian subcontinent. This role controls all the operations processes across the Indian sub-continent with a mandate to transform the - container logistics- operations function to be Best in Class.
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterized by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating value through operational efficiency & transformation and work with highly professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognized and well rewarded. You will be part of an operations team creating world-class products in container logistics.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job - we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams
Key responsibilities :
- Vendor Engagement - Develop and manage strategic relationships with suppliers in the areas of transportation, warehousing & custom documentation. Create win-win partnerships. Be a - go-to- person for operations function for deploying solutions for a given challenge. Ensure that SLAs with suppliers are in place and high adherence levels through performance mgmt.
- Process Improvement - Build internal knowledge base on operational competencies. Create a repository of all operations-related processes and ensure adherence with constant incorporation of improvements be a Champion & Perpetuator of efficiency. Lead key improvement projects along with regional operational and back-end teams. Drive automation & digitization at all levels. Assist in creating world-class container logistics products, fostering automation, and devising ways to stay ahead of the competition. Ensure that data quality & outputs of internal systems are exceptional while incorporating new ideas and functionalities to simplify operations.
Cost Management - Be the custodian of cost and savings plans for the cluster. Create opportunities to save costs.
We are looking for:
- A Master's degree is required with 7-10 years of industry or equivalent experience in operations, consulting, and/or process improvements. Logistics experience preferable.
- An unrelenting desire to make a strong positive impact on end customers- business fostering very high customer satisfaction and hence high retention.
- You should possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition, and integrity. You should have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you should have organizational and time management skills including multitasking, prioritizing, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines. You should be able to manage and develop the team through inspiring leadership.
- You should be highly proficient in controlling large-scale operations, managing negotiations/supplier relationships, perform advanced analytics in excel, visualizing & driving efficiencies of scale/processes, creating logistical products while balancing high customer service levels with low-cost levels.