Maersk - Associate Legal Counsel - Contract Management Lifecycle (3-6 yrs)
Maersk Legal Shared Services provides legal, claims and compliance services to a diverse range of functions across the Maersk Group. The successful candidate will be joining a large team of in-house lawyers, claims specialists, compliance officers and other experts focused on meeting customer needs whilst mitigating risk across the business. The team operates in a matrix organisation, interacting with senior stakeholders from Copenhagen, The Hague and around the world on a daily basis whilst providing important advice and guidance to the business.
When you join Maersk, you'll find that the world is your workplace. You'll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness, we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job - irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief.
- Reviewing contracts
- Liaising closely with business owners and other legal departments in the Group
- Advising stakeholders on the legal implication of the clauses in contracts
- Negotiations with customers and/or suppliers
- Creating legal awareness
- Supporting the CENLAW team and leadership in contract management/governance.
- Review and report obligations to ensure that responsibilities defined under the contract are met.
- Develop 'eye to eye' relationship and engagement with internal stakeholders and implement process capability.
- Provide consistent and predictable high-quality service to business partners and end customers
- Ensuring a well-governed and diligent contracting process from start to finish
April 2012/HBO Page 2
Primary internal stakeholders Typically 1 - 3
- Maritime Law and Claims Team, Copenhagen
- Commercial sales/procurement teams
- Internal Approval Authorities Primary external stakeholders Typically 1 - 3
- Suppliers Required experience & skills
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor of Law. Master of Law a plus.
- The candidate has 3-5 years of experience from an in-house function in an internationally oriented law firm or international corporation with an experience in single headedly dealing (drafting, reviewing and finalizing) with agreements.
- Understanding of international commercial law and shipping law is preferred.
- Given high stakeholder interaction excellent English skills both oral as well as written are required and proven capability in MS Office is expected Behavioural Skills (Choose top 3 behavioural skills required for the role)
- Strategic and business supportive mind-set
- Conflict resolution skill,
- A sense of urgency
Key measures List 2-5 key measures/success criteria
- Ensure timely delivery and qualitative review of contracts
- A natural ability to handle a lot on the plate is required with an eye for details.
- Ability to build and create credibility and perseverance in negotiations.