HR Manager at Maersk
Views:288 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Maersk - Applications Analyst - IT Operations (10-18 yrs)
IT Operations is a section within the Global IT organization of APM Terminals responsible for applications used for terminal operations. This includes the TOS, applications integrated to the TOS, and other applications supporting terminal operations. It strives to provide the terminals with applications that can improve safety, efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction. IT Operations has the ambition towards an application landscape that will be more and more connected and where the utilization of our data will be significantly improved. The IT Operations Applications Analyst works with the terminals to understand new business requirements and translate them into detailed functional requirements in the application development process. The role has accountability for prioritizing, planning and delivery of solutions to the terminals and acts as main contact point for the application. The application analyst will interface with the local IT, operations and management staff and Global IT to ensure all needs from internal and external customers are met. The application analyst will drive innovation and identify areas where the terminal applications can be better utilized or expanded to increase operational efficiency and will support roll out and migration of new versions or additions to terminal applications. In addition, the application analyst will work with AMS to provide application administration and support for all terminal applications. This includes incidents escalated by AMS to level 3 or level 4 support 24x7x365 as needed to support terminal operations.
The key responsibilities of the role include: -
- Provide terminal application expertise for the development and support of all Global Applications including LIFT, Business Intelligence, and Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Identify, design, develop, and implement new functionality as defined by internal and external customer demands.
- Assist in the creation of system design and technical specifications for software.
- Document system and data flow diagrams to support the design of software.
- Create Use Cases, User Stories, Standard Operating Procedures or other required documentation based on business requirements.
- Communicate software limitations and functionality to non-technical users.
- Coordinate all terminal application upgrades in support of current business roadmap and new development or acquisitions.
- Coordinate with AMS on standard TOS administration duties including reference data maintenance, patch testing and install, log file maintenance, vessel and yard file maintenance, vessel schedules, configurations and settings, etc.
- In cooperation with AMS, deliver 24x7x365 support to end users and system consumers TOS and related applications. Expand support model to all locations globally.
- Provide level 3 and 4 incident support to TOS users and integrated applications.
- Triage reported issues to accurately identify, escalate, and respond to urgent or critical matters in support of terminal operations.
- Identify root causes of outages and issues and prepare plans for permanent changes to eliminate/reduce chronic issues or establish SOPs for resolution by - shift left- resources
- Manage all Navis cases and IT service requests including escalations for critical issues and level 4 support.
- Work with the Global N4 Migration Team on all N4 upgrades.
- Document implementation & deployment plans for all TOS systems.
- Bachelor (or gained through experience) in a relevant discipline
- At least 3 years- relevant experience with IT projects & Application development or support
- Minimum 5 years with TOS Experience, preferably Navis
- Industry experience with multinational companies or container terminal operations
- Demonstrated skills in delivering software development projects
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Experienced in Business and/or IT transformations a plus
- Solid experience in dealing with strong Stakeholders.
- Good communication skills. Strong drive and result orientation.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing requirements or priorities
- Adaptable to different cultures. Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.