TA Partner - South Asia and Middle East at Lubrizol South Asia
Views:1443 Applications:230 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Lubrizol - Manager - Purchase (10-12 yrs)
Lubrizol South Asia is having diverse business segments and plants in India and is responsible for business development of ingredients and additives for personal care products and pharmaceuticals; specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of specialty resins and additives. Lubrizol's industry-leading technologies in additives, ingredients and compounds enhance the quality, performance and value of customers- products, while reducing their environmental.
Lubrizol Additives products work for you on the road, every day. We develop products that play an essential role in the proven performance of finished lubricants. We test our additives extensively in the lab and in the field under real-world conditions, and we help our customers differentiate and succeed through trusted expertise, testing confidence, global supply and independent strength.
For more insight on the organization, kindly refer - https://www.lubrizol.com/Our-Company/Business-Segments/Lubrizol-Additives
Title : Purchase Manager
Reports To : Head - SCM
Division : Lubrizol Additives - SCM
Location : (Turbhe) Mumbai, India
Summary of the Role :
- Ensure LZAI's supply reliability at lowest cost to enable the UOI growth and business objectives. Plan & execute purchase of local raw materials & packaging material so that the materials, supplies, and services meet its standards of price, quality and timing.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities :
- Understand the current and anticipated demand [Rolling forecast & Business Plan] for local Raw Materials & packing material [Drums] and develop plans, inventory estimates, and schedules to ensure efficient procurement.
- Negotiate price & terms of purchases with the vendors based on the market insight & offered quotes. Analyze and compare final quotes, prepare proposals for management approval and then award the contract to the appropriate vendor.
- Responsible for the related logistics [Hire & ensure services of C&F & surveyor agents] contracts.
- Select, and manage ongoing relationships with suppliers, vendors, contractors to ensure that the organization receives satisfactory service.
- Responsible for addressing complaints between supplier and LZAI.
- Analyze, guide and present overall trends of purchases.
- Manage the inflow of material as per DSI targets to maintain the inventory cost as well as supply reliability.
- Explore & implement new processes to improve efficiency & effectiveness of procurement function.
- Create avenues for cost control with a focus on process re-engineering.
- Develop alternate vendors for BCP and cost control. Work with Technology teams for alternate vendor approval.
Experience and Skills :
- 10 - 12 years- experience in chemical / specialty chemical procurement
Competencies for the Role :
- Effective Communication & Negotiation Skills
- Acts with Integrity & Result orientation
- Effective Collaboration
- Strategic thinking & Innovative approach
- Business Analytics & Finance acumen