Management Trainee - Assistant Manager at Larsen & Toubro
Views:1195 Applications:293 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
L&T - Executive Assistant To Group Chairman - Young Leadership Development Program (4-8 yrs)
Organization Brief :
Larsen & Toubro is a US $20 billion technology, engineering, construction and manufacturing conglomerate, with global operations. It is engaged in key sectors of the economy - Infrastructure, Hydrocarbon, Power, Defense, Aerospace, Construction, Real Estate, Shipbuilding, Electrical & Automation, Mining & Metallurgy, IT/ITes. Its track record covers products, projects and processes executed to international benchmarks. Every aspect of L&T's businesses is characterized by professionalism and high standards of corporate governance. The Company has global presence, with manufacturing facilities in seven countries besides India.
The company has successfully evolved a system of inducting a section of its future leaders by carefully identifying hi-potential young talent through the Executive Assistant Program driven centrally by the Group Chairman's office at Mumbai, India.
Under the Young Leaders Program, aspiring bright and young incumbents are made to go through around a year's training, under the direct mentoring of the Group Chairman, Mr. A. M. Naik, following which they are deputed to an appropriate L&T line of business in a challenging functional role as a hi-potential personnel at a covenanted grade. The person selected will represent one of the Independent Companies (IC) of L&T or a corporate function.
Who will Qualify :
Excellent academic pedigree:
1) Engineering Graduates from a premium technical institute
2) Full Time MBA/ PGPM/PGPX from a premier management institute is a must
3) No gap or backlogs in education
4) All-round profile throughout
Experience Required :
4 to 8 years of relevant industry experience in IT/ITES(pre Sales, sales, business development, Consulting)
Necessary Competencies :
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to multitask - Strong functional knowledge - Ability to liaise with multilevel stakeholders
Preferred Age Group:
Below 35 years of age
The incumbents will be expected to:
1) Interact at the highest levels of organization/s inside and outside L&T
2) Analyse and understand the economic and business environment
3) Be involved in high-impact decisions making processes and projects of great magnitude, complexity and speed
4) Be a part of L&T Strategic and Operational initiatives
5) Involve with Corporate functions and interact with operating businesses to enable effective co-ordination of various activities, and provide relevant information and assistance to the Chairman
On developing a good degree of business acumen as an Executive Assistant under the guidance of the Chairman, the incumbent can look forward to working in a challenging functional role in L&T's various businesses, after about six months or a year.
For more details about L&T, please visit http://www.larsentoubro.com/.