Lowes - Senior Analyst - Customer Insights & Analytics (4-8 yrs)
The principal purpose of the Senior Analyst, Customer Insights & Analytics is to provide insights and analysis around our customers and market trend to Lowe's multi-functional leadership by assessing customer preferences, evaluating the competition and analyzing customer transactional data. This is an exciting role where you will use the market research data and apply various analytics technique to come up with customer-focused communication and marketing strategy.
- Work on all aspects of a research study- including clearly defining research objectives and intended actions, employing appropriate research methods (secondary, quantitative, qualitative, customer database), vendor selection, sampling, questionnaire development, analysis, report distribution, etc.- all within a cost-efficient manner.
- Work with our Mooresville team to assist them in defining various research needs and building appropriate methodology
- Synthesizes disparate sources of data- primary and secondary to develop cohesive stories, trends and insights that will drive strategic decision making across the enterprise
- Analyze share data to understand in market trends and where to focus for growth at a total company level and by individual categories
- Leverage existing market research information and customer demographic data to understand customer trend
- Identify key insights as a result of data analysis and recommend actions when appropriate
- Present insights and analysis results to the management and cross-functional team
- Network across various business units to better understand key areas of focus/problem areas and develop pro-active deliverables that will drive action at various levels of the organization
- Work with the data operation team to develop an infrastructure and manage the research data for any analytics project
- Continue positioning the customer research team as the leading organizational provider of market intelligence and trend
- Work with BI and analytics team to interpret research data in a meaningful way and create actionable recommendations for the business
- Stay connected to current on industry trends, emerging technologies, new methodologies, and provide guidance to team members
This role will partner with functions like customer analytics, BI, Marketing, Store Ops, Merchandising, Services, Corporate communication, Pricing & Promotions, IT, ADO and GFO organizations while working alongside CSC-M and other BU teams. This role must be able to work effectively within a matrix organization and demonstrate self-leadership skills and the ability to influence and interact with various levels of the organization
To accomplish this senior analyst must have knowledge and experience in primary and secondary research, consulting, retail business and strong business acumen. This position is responsible for following research best practices, turning business questions into research plans, analyzing results and identifying insights for decision making; determine additional research/analytics that may be needed to enhance the solution; and coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure project continuity and strategic alignment.
- 4+ years of experience in market research
- Experience in Questionnaire Designing and Report making, including experience with Decipher and fielding own surveys.
- Hands-on with working on SPSS, WinCross, and other market research tool
- In-depth knowledge of various statistical techniques
- Effective decision-making skills and the ability to see the big picture
- Consulting Skills - Ability to impact business decisions through analytics and research
- Exemplary communication skill to connect with people from diverse background and experience
- Responsible for selecting the most appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques to meet a defined business objective
- Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, Strategy, Analytics
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across locations and driving value
- Experience working with analytical tools like Python, SQL, Teradata, R, Hadoop, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in Strategy, Consulting and solving complex business problems
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally
Essential and Core Responsibilities:
- Solves problems and shares information to enable alignment across the organization in order to facilitate better decision making by collaborating with a team of peers; providing support to functional areas for business processes such as forecasting, planning, and analysis of customer behavior; collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand different types of data that can be utilized for holistic analysis
- Enables business partners to make informed decisions based on root cause drivers of performance by working with functional partners to develop and maintain scorecards; analyzing and providing insights and performance analysis; collaborating with partners to translate functional plans into forecast inputs; creating MoS with input from functional partners by collecting and analyzing data; analyzing sensitivity of assumptions by developing scenarios
- Communicates financial and non-financial analysis and insights to leaders by preparing analyses through leveraging multiple data sources; identifying complete, consistent, and actionable insights & recommendations; translating insights into clear, understandable themes
- Develops business cases for key initiatives and major programs by creating robust financial and non-financial models; supporting business case development by developing and clarifying intent; identifying risks and benefits to the enterprise; utilizing scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by organizing resources and information; openly sharing information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to team members; seeking performance feedback; adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in the subject area; leveraging an understanding of policies, data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities
Competencies Needed :
Functional Competencies :
- Ability to Develop Business Cases- Ability to develop business cases and provide recommendations based on analysis and thorough understanding of business needs. Knowledge of Analytics Tools and Software. Eg. SAS, Teradata SQL
- Analytical Thinking- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Business Acumen- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Information Capture- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
- Hypothesis Testing- Builds and/or validates recommendations based on sound methodology, data gathering, and data analysis; use data-driven conclusions and decisions to provide solutions.
Core Competencies :
- Being Organizationally Savvy - The ability to maneuver well to accomplish work within own function and with strategic business partners. This includes the ability to build and grow a network of partnerships, develop an understanding of formal and informal decision-making processes, and leverage knowledge of functional and cross-functional operations to accomplish work objectives.
- Communicating Effectively - The skill to write, present, and listen effectively. This includes adjusting the amount, style, and content of the information to fit the audience. This also includes the ability to convey a compelling message.
- Decision Making - The ability to solve tough and complex problems. This includes the ability to effectively glean meaning from available data, be a quick study of the new and different, add personal wisdom and experience to arrive at the best solution given the information available, and use multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Demonstrating Personal Flexibility - The ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. This includes adapting to competing demands and shifting priorities. This also includes improving adaptability, pursuing new skills and knowledge, and regularly seeking feedback from others.
- Getting Organized - The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with less and in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and to foresee and plan around obstacles.
- Keeping on Point - The ability to prioritize work activities. This includes identifying which tasks are most important, avoiding distractions, and dealing with setbacks in a timely manner.
- Managing Diverse Relationships - The ability to relate to a wide variety of people of diverse backgrounds, opinions, and experiences. This includes being open to differences, quickly finding common ground, and being respectful of others.
- Understanding the Business - Knowledge of the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do his/her job? This includes knowledge of various types of business propositions, how businesses operate in general, and easily learning new methods and technologies.