Lowe's - Contract Manager (5-7 yrs)
Job Description :
Purpose of Role
- The Contract Manager will manage the contract process and help ensure client satisfaction while minimizing corporate risk. This role will be part of the Finance organization but will closely partner with the Legal department in collaborating with paralegals, attorneys, and internal stakeholders to achieve targeted results and meet client expectations.
- The Contract Manager will be responsible for drafting, evaluating, and negotiating all types of contracts in compliance with company contract templates.
- In addition, the Contact Manager will use available technology to create contracts, negotiate contract terms, and seek input from necessary company teams.
- The Contract Manager will be responsible for analyzing, negotiating terms and drafting contracts with applicable schedules, and other documents.
- The Contract Manager will also be responsible for serving as a primary liaison with client contracts for assigned projects, coordinating communication efforts and the distribution of documents to facilitate each step of the contract cycle. The position requires a skilled professional with substantial experience in contracting.
- Work with business partners to structure transactions
- Draft and review all contract documentation
- Ensure contract compliance with internal business policies and- requirements
- Work closely with Legal, Finance, Risk and Compliance and other stakeholders, as needed, to ensure that contracts accurately incorporate all required language and gain consensus needed to secure approval of contractual documents and ensure accountability for agreed terms.
- Provide ongoing analysis and reporting for contracts; Analyzes contracts, conducts in-depth research, and proposes solutions to clients to address contract issues.
- Negotiate contract terms
- Manage projects and work on databases to optimize performance, drive efficiencies, and improve customer experience
- Lead strategic initiatives to drive efficiencies.
- Exercise judgment to proactively lead cross-functional teams, resolve competing priorities, and manage timelines and deliverables to meet project requirements and stakeholder expectations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in- Business Administration, Business Law or related field
- 5 + years of Experience interpreting, drafting, negotiating, and managing commercial contracts
- 5+ Experience leading contract management process
- 5+ Experience with contract management systems
- Ability to explain complex legal, contractual, and other concepts clearly and concisely.-
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with contract management and negotiation in a corporate environment
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA accredited school