Loss Forecasting Role - Credit Risk (4-10 yrs)
Credit Risk - Loss Forecasting
- The incumbent would functionally contribute to the Auto Lending Credit Risk team and execute relatively large and complex projects.
- Leads significant initiatives and processes, and partners with a line of business management to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance with inputs from senior leadership.
- Directs and coordinates the various activities related to assessing and predicting risk and performance through business analysis and/or modeling. Establishes effective policies, processes, and tools to identify and manage risks. Uses predictive sciences for developing future ready solutions.
- Develops comprehensive monitoring frameworks and dashboards and provide statistically sound diagnostic evaluation of any emerging or unexpected risk areas to enhance intelligence and facilitate faster decision making.
- Reports on asset quality (delinquency, loss rate), portfolio trends, credit policy exceptions across various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, industry segments using visualization tools such as Excel VBA, Tableau and/or SAS Visual Analytics.
- Develops quantitative/qualitative tools and methodologies for forecasting losses in supporting portfolio planning, loan loss provisioning, or new account acquisitions.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance the complex programming to extract data and/or manipulate databases such as Oracle, Teradata to support LOB strategy. Perform complex data analysis to support data quality, data integrity control.
- Evaluate new data sources and attributes, internal and external from extensive case reviews. Analyze big data and understand / monitor trends to provide actionable insights across a range of risk analytics initiatives.
- Produce production of monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports for senior management; review and analyze trends in current population distributions
- Provide research and process support for data lineage development and maintenance from Analytic data warehouse to its provisioning points. Provide access management related research support
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative fields such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- 4+ years of progressive experience in credit and risk analytic roles
- Hands on Experience in at least one area in credit risk analytics - credit strategy / modeling techniques / Forecasting techniques / data architecture & management
- Good understanding of risk domain; Strong Risk analytics skills and understanding of P&L and risk drivers.
- Expertise in few programming and statistical packages - SAS, SQL, Excel, VBA, Macros, R, Python, E-miner, Tableau, SAS VA
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tools such as Segmentation Tools, Decision Trees, Clustering, Regression, and other statistical modeling and/or Machine Learning techniques
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
Desired Qualifications :
- Advanced degree in statistics/finance/engineering/economics/other quantitative disciplines
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Proficiency in Advanced SAS, SAS macros and SQL; Tableau or BI/automation tools
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area