L'Oreal - Indirect Tax Manager - CA (7-10 yrs)
The world leader in cosmetics, L'Oreal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 34 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L'Oreal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
The DNA of L'Oreal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L'Oreal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in the Corporate division for the position of Indirect Tax Manager. In this individual contributor role, you will be responsible for supporting direct tax compliances, reporting and litigation. You must have 7+ years of professional experience in Indirect Tax function of Global MNC or Top Chartered Accountant firms. The location of the job will be in Mumbai.
- Responsible for ensuring that Indian Business comply with local indirect Tax regulations, Group's norms and standards within the framework of the objectives defined by the Group Finance and Tax Departments
- Monition all GST compliances all-India including accurate filing of tax returns, timely payment of taxes, annual GST audit.
- Manage tax risks and litigation covering for GST, Customs, SVB and erstwhile Indirect taxes such as Central Excise, Service Tax, VAT
- Advise and provide necessary technical support from indirect Tax standpoint to the Business in carrying out standard or exceptional operations
- Monitor the information in the company tax files (calculation of indirect taxes, tax consolidation) in conjunction with local authorities, the Consolidation Department and Group Tax Department
- Defend the Company's interest in relation to local authorities, public authorities and professional bodies
- Best - in class Indirect Tax team
- Handle appeals at all level including Tribunal, High Court and Supreme Court
- Remain constantly up to date with legislative and local regulatory developments that impact L'Oreal's business and tax compliance.
- Responsible for Physical and Digital Tax Records Management.
- Identify opportunities to save indirect taxes within the framework of law
- Give guidance to Factories and regional office team on indirect tax
- Effective management of Tax litigations
- Successful execution of indirect Tax principles in business operations
- Good knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office
- Efficient Tax documentation Management skills.
- Highly effective communication, co-ordination and collaboration skills.
- Strong technical and execution skills.
- Team player
Internal Interactions - Accounts, Direct Tax team, Controlling, Supply Chain, Regional offices, etc.
External Interactions - Tax Authorities, Courts, Tax Consultants, Lawyers, Auditors, etc.
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
Travel will be need based
Education - Chartered Accountant and Bachelor's degree in commerce with 7+ years strong technical experience in Indirect Tax
L'Oreal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L'Oreal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position - Indirect Tax Manager
TEAM - Finance
Job Type Full - Time
Job Location Mumbai - Head Office
You will be redirected to the careers page where you have to register for your candidature to be taken forward and considered.