L'Oreal - Demand Planner - Supply Chain Function - Consumer Products Division (2-3 yrs)
- The world leader in cosmetics, L'Oreal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 34 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L'Oreal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
- The DNA of L'Oreal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centers in India are the sixth innovation hub for L'Oreal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
- We have a suitable opportunity in the function of Supply Chain for the position of Demand Planner. In this individual contributor role, you will be responsible for leading the demand planning processes and metrics for the respective brands aiming at best customer fulfilment. The demand planning process ensures sales forecast accuracy and building of the turnover through the piloting of sales forecast process while working closely with key stakeholders across Marketing, Commercial, Product Development and Supply planning teams.
You will be part of the Consumer Products Division based in Mumbai. You bring 2-3 years of relevant work experience in demand planning. Certifications in supply chain operations will be beneficial.
Key Job Responsibilities :
- Manage global monthly sales forecast process and the sales forecast quality
- Build Baseline forecast, challenge and consolidate the promotions and new launch forecast projected by marketing and commercial planning teams
- Ensure the global sales forecast consistency, through the building of a consensus between commercial forecasts, the financial trend and sales history. Independently animate the Pre S&OP meetings
- Contribute to the improvement of the processes and information systems related to his/her activity and be the referent of his/her job in his/her country
- Structure processes and ensure adherence to drive improvements across supply chain metrics of the brand
- Prepare, monitor and report the key metrics around the Planning process including, MAPE/BIAS, Service Rate, Inventory Quality, Inventory etc and accountable to drive structural improvements around these metrics
- Responsible to manage the communication between key stakeholders in assessing the supply risks/gaps and opportunities as a part of the pre s&op process
- Participate in projects impacting Supply Chain optimizations
- Improve flexibility, reactivity and reliability in the respective work streams
- Ability to communicate clearly and influence decision making across functions and with management teams
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of different forecasting techniques and good analytical skills
- Knowledge of different planning systems and experience in planning processes
- Ability to understand complex problems and use structured problem solving techniques to solve them.
- Reports into Demand Planning Lead, Consumer Division
Stakeholders: Marketing, Commercial, Product Development and Supply planning teams
- Preferably a MBA (2014/2015/2016)
L'Oreal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L'Oreal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants will be redirected to the careers page where they will have to register for their candidature to be taken forward.