L'Oreal - Category Manager - Matrix Hair Color (8-10 yrs)
The world leader in cosmetics, L'Oreal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L'Oreal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The DNA of L'Oreal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L'Oreal worldwide to fuel local market innovations.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in the function of Marketing for the position of Category Manager (Matrix - Hair Color). In this people manager role, you will get to define and steer the country strategy for the category, consistent with the international brand positioning and the country's priorities to contribute to continued growth for the brand and the consumer relationship. You should have minimum 8+ years of relevant work experience in operational marketing, product development and exposure to digital and ecommerce marketing. The location of the job will be in Mumbai and prior experience in beauty especially hair color will be advantageous.
- Define the strategic orientations and the 3-year marketing plan for the category,
- Monitor the portfolio performance including new launches, refresh of pillar products and activation of core business
- Manage the collection and analysis of consumer, hairdresser / salon and market insights for the category, share findings to ensure the consistency of new product development with the country's needs
- Implement new launches and marketing mix strategies and create the right angle of attack locally to build integrated, engaging consumer brand experiences
- Develop category plans for an omnichannel presence
- Mobilise and collaborate with other departments (sales, logistics, education, etc. ) and partner agencies to build broader business strategy
- Monitor the local adaptation of communication materials (imagery, digital, point of sale)
- Manage A&P budget and sales forecast for the category
- Build, develop and manage a strong and talented team, train them and develop their marketing expertise and know-how
Key success factors:
- Passion for beauty
- Strong Analytical skills
- Creative / Innovative thinking and aesthetic sense
- Attention to detail and operational excellence
- Collaborative team player
- People developer
- Internal Interactions - RNI, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Finance, Education teams
- External Interactions - Advertising, PR and Digital, Ecommerce partners
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
- Travel will be need based
- MBA / Masters in Management
L'Oreal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L'Oreal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.