L'Oreal - Assistant Manager - Environment/Health & Safety (3-4 yrs)
The world leader in cosmetics, L'Oreal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 34 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L'Oreal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
The DNA of L'Oreal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L'Oreal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have an opportunity in the Corporate Division for the position of Assistant Manager - EHS (Environment, Health & Safety). In this individual contributor role, you will have to guarantee the implementation on all the administrative sites of L'Oreal India Pvt. Ltd for the EHS System of the Group as per local regulations and internal standards, you will propose the orientations, the objectives and the annual EHS program of the Site, observing the ethics rules and the EHS rules of the L'Oreal Group as well as regulations. You should have 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience and the location of the job will be in Mumbai.
Job Responsibilities :
- You will be responsible for the correct application of the EHS Management System and the Safety and Environment certifications of the site
- You will ensure appropriate decision making in all duties and expertise fields of the EHS and of the Facilities coordinators/supervisors
- You will ensure the protection and the sustainability of the site property and assets, maintain secure environment for employees, buildings and assets by establishing security policies and procedures
- You will provide strong EHS expertise to the staff of the site and collect, analyze and communicate the EHS performance of the site and propose improvement action plans
- You will contribute to an exhaustive and accurate group EHS reporting
- You will maintain regular and transparent contacts with local authorities and ensure legal compliance for EHS related licenses
- You will allow or prohibit the operation of installations, buildings or equipment on the site, according to the results of the risk analysis
- You will ensure the efficiency of EHS management system and develop and manage EHS at all sites and ensure the expertise and know-how development, carry out organizational changes
- You will stop any site operations which are deemed to be too dangerous
- You will contribute to Facility Construction and EHS Projects in terms of managerial, technical and operational aspects
- You will be a driver in the development of a strong EHS culture/mindset of all employees
- You will be responsible for all kind of risk assessment for administrative sites and provide guideline and Job approvals to all contractors before execution starts
Key Deliverables :
- You will implement L'OREAL Group's rules and of legislation by checking compliance with rules and performing internal audits
- Safety Validate operations, buildings, equipment, and installations and perform risk analysis at the site and analyze accidents
- You will plan and organize all EHS meetings and working groups along with the Campus Head, co-ordinate and organize EHS communication, training, and information (conduct specific EHS training sessions, the publication of safety flashes, travel safety presentations, etc.)
- You will manage and organize fire, accident, environmental accident, and intrusion prevention and organize emergency services (manage surveillance of the site)
- You will advise the other departments in their SHE approaches (support service), prepare prevention plans for outside service providers and contractors, manage the work permit system of the sites, propose expense and investment budgets for SHE
- You will collate and prepare data for the various SHE indicators and analyze the site's SHE management statistics and disseminate them to the line and staff Divisions ISO & OHSAS certification and compliance
Key Competencies :
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of government EHS compliances and standards
- Ability to vision in developing a safety culture
- Prior experience in EHS and ability to drive projects single handedly
- Integrator, Entrepreneurial, Innovator, People Developer, Strategist
Key Relationships :
Internal Interactions - All employees
External Interactions - Government Agencies, EHS Forums
Educational Qualification :
- B.E./B.Tech (Mechanical/Electrical or Chemical) or BSc. /MSc. (Chemistry) with Diploma in Industrial Health & Safety and Environmental Management/ NEBOSH IGC certification
L'Oreal is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L'Oreal strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.