L'Oreal - Assistant Manager - Demand Planner (2-4 yrs)
Assistant Manage r- Demand Planner
The world leader in cosmetics, L'Oral is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L'Oral supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
The DNA of L'Oral is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L'Oral worldwide to fuel local market innovations.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
The Demand Planner is responsible for leading the demand planning processes and metrics for the respective brands aiming at best customer fulfilment. The DP ensures sales forecast accuracy and building of the turnover through the piloting of sales forecast process while working closely with key stakeholders across Marketing, Commercial, Product Development & Supply planning teams.
- Manage global monthly sales forecast process and the sales forecast quality
- Build Baseline forecast & challenge and consolidate the promotions and new launch forecast projected by marketing and commercial planning teams
- Ensure the global sales forecast consistency, through the building of a consensus between commercial forecasts, the financial trend and sales history. Independently animate the Pre S&OP meeting's
- Contribute to the improvement of the processes and information systems related to his/her activity and be the referent of his/her job in his/her country
- Structure processes and ensure adherence to drive improvements across supply chain metrics of the brand
- Prepare, monitor and report the key metrics around the Planning process including, Forecast Accuracy/BIAS, Service Rate, Inventory Quality, Inventory etc - and accountable to drive structural improvements around these metrics
- Responsible to manage the communication between key stakeholders in assessing the supply risks/gaps and opportunities as a part of the pre s&op process
- Participate in projects impacting Supply Chain optimizations
- Improve flexibility, reactivity and reliability in the respective work streams
- Graduate + MBA
- Experience as Demand Planner & exposure with advanced planning systems is preferred
- Certifications on supply chain operations, processes is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and influence decision making across functions and with management teams
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of different forecasting techniques and good analytical skills
- Knowledge of different planning systems and experience in planning processes
- Ability to understand complex problems and use structured problem solving techniques to solve them.