HRD at Lodha Ventures
Views:668 Applications:138 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lodha Ventures - Sourcing Analyst - Tomorrow Capital - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI/XLRI (1-2 yrs)
About Tomorrow Capital
Tomorrow Capital is an early stage investment fund aimed at building India's next big consumer brands by providing growth capital as well as hands-on involvement in branding, distribution and organization building to stellar entrepreneurs with strong business models built around consumption. The fund has an initial corpus of $100mn.
The fund is a unique investment venture in that capital employed will form only a small part of the offering to potential investees, the larger element being active involvement by seasoned professionals in the areas of organization building, brand building, business strategy, product-to-market, sales and finance to help professionalize the organization and achieve scale and sustained growth.
The focus is on early-stage consumer focused businesses that don't have easy access to active equity capital and high quality blue-chip talent, with a firm belief that these will drive the next wave of growth and create unicorns outside the e-commerce space.
You will have an opportunity to represent one of India's most differentiated consumer investment funds, and source interesting and relevant opportunities to build exciting businesses. You will identify and build relationships with these businesses, and help the investing team at Tomorrow Capital understand, shortlist and invest in them. Your role will include:
- Proprietary deal flow - Develop a model for sourcing investment opportunities for Tomorrow Capital by using a combination of networking with relevant communities (Early Stage Investors / Angels / Influencers etc.) and utilising databases
- Industry Mapping - Deep-diving into select consumer industries and mapping them with key information on an ongoing basis. Developing relationships with key stakeholders in these industries
- Networking - Creating awareness of Tomorrow Capital amongst Founders, VC and start-up ecosystem members and establish the us as one of the most favoured VCs among relevant start-up communities
- Identify Opportunities - Source relevant investment opportunities for Tomorrow Capital, and undertake first level deal evaluation to assess viability from an investment perspective
- Social Media - Manage and regularly update Tomorrow Capital's Twitter and LinkedIn feed with interesting and appropriate content
- Events - Discover relevant events and represent Tomorrow Capital across forums - both formal and informal. Active participation in the start-up community, develop a robust ecosystem of peer VCs, start-up CEOs, bankers, etc.
Qualifications you should have:
- Graduate/MBA (Premium institutes preferred) with relevant work experience of 1-2 years
Experienced (preferred) in young/early-stage start-ups or worked in a role which involved building or managing strong networks in VCs, start-up and corporate communities
Qualities you should have:
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with high ownership and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, networking and communication skills
- Good understanding of business concepts and ability to understand and drive investment thesis
- Commercial insight and understanding of business metrics and structure to build a preliminary understanding of any business
- Penchant for ambiguity and demonstrate creativity and intellectual flexibility in an uncertain and rapidly changing environment