Locus Investment Group - Equity Research Analyst (2-4 yrs)
Locus Investment Group is an investment manager formed in 2007, focused on the Indian public markets. The firm follows a value-oriented investment philosophy and invests across a wide range of industries with a long-term horizon. We seek to generate outstanding risk adjusted returns for our investors and have consistently compounded capital since our inception. Our endeavour is to gain insights through proprietary research, make intelligent investment decisions, and be a constructive partner to our portfolio companies. Locus is based in New Delhi, and is looking to recruit a financial analyst, as described below.
Financial Analyst Position
We welcome candidates with a solid understanding of financial statements and an ability to dissect businesses. You should have spent time doing financial analysis on a regular basis during the last few years and have comfort with financial models. This is the most crucial skillset for this role alongside business analysis. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in a buy-side, consulting (including knowledge centres), investment banking or equity research role and detailed involvement with one or more sectors over that time. We are open to pre-MBAs (with a 2-year commitment), or those looking for extended employment. Our prior Analysts have gone on to pursue MBAs at top-tier business schools.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Researching companies based on analysis of financial statements and filings
- Studying industries and their competitive dynamics
- Creating models to evaluate company performance and estimate valuation
- Conducting market research to complement industry and company work
- Collaborating with other team members on projects
- Preparing memos and presentations to summarize findings/recommendations
- Monitoring specific investments, companies and sectors
- Maintaining relationships with company and industry representatives
Qualifications we look for in candidates include:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and high comfort with MS Excel
- Strong verbal/written communication skills; ability to convey complex topics with clarity
- High attention to detail and high level of personal motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with employees at all levels in a professional and effective manner
- Genuine interest in finance/investing and research, specifically
We are a small team of professionals, and this role provides an opportunity to build a strong foundation in finance and investing through initiative, learning and growth. Compensation is flexible based on past experience, skill and motivation.