HR Specialist - Recruitment at Livspace.com
Views:3160 Applications:337 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:139
Livspace - Senior Manager/Manager - Sourcing Strategy (5-7 yrs)
- Livspace is South Asia's largest home interiors and renovation platform. Founded and headquartered in Singapore in 2014, it's also the world's most funded and awarded home interior brand with accolades such as being listed among the top 100 innovative companies globally by Fast Company, USA in 2017 and Red Herring in 2018.
- The company connects homeowners, designers and contractors to deliver end-to-end home interiors through their proprietary technology platform- Canvas. It has designed and delivered over 10,000 homes in India- its first market- and is quickly bringing its award-winning services to Southeast Asia region. Their design partner community is one of the biggest in the industry with over 30,000 signups and 3000 active designers today.
- Livspace has emerged as the market leader in a multi-billion dollar home improvement industry. So far the company has raised over $100 million in capital from top global investors such as Goldman Sachs and TPG Growth. The founders, Anuj Srivastava and Ramakant Sharma, are former Google and Myntra executives, who are seasoned entrepreneurs and successful angel investors.
Working at Livspace :
- Livspace currently employs over 3000 talented, passionate individuals, who all espouse the brand's philosophy of good design for all. Together they- re working towards the company's vision of becoming the world's largest interior brand. The leadership team at Livspace combines world-class talent and entrepreneurial experience gathered at some of the best companies in the world.
- Livspace believes in an open, intellectually honest cultural where everyone is given the autonomy to contribute and do their life's best work.
- As a part of this dynamic team, you will have a chance to learn new things, build your managerial competence, be at the helm of an innovative tech startup, and problem-solve on how to better the home interiors experience. If you enjoy a good challenge and believe in getting things done, this is the right place for you.
As Manager, Sourcing, you will:
- Own responsibility for developing and executing strategic sourcing strategies for bought out raw material domestically and internationally for modular furniture category by identifying the right sources meeting the volume, quality, cost and delivery targets
- Responsible for building contract manufacturing capacity for finished products production by analysing the demand patterns & regional requirements and available supply base domestically and internationally to achieve optimized cost and best in class order to delivery timelines
- Develop models to understand cost build up across the supply chain to drive cost optimization projects through re-sourcing, value engineering and analysis and production process change
- Build models for demand forecasting at each supply node to on-board sufficient capacity
- Work closely with internal subject matter expert team and external stakeholders (production and sales) to develop clear product specifications and quality standard requirements to be sourced
- Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost & service guarantee and develop win-win strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Identify industry trends and supply base shifts by visiting trade shows, supplier meetings, conferences, etc. and evaluate evolving technology to proactively to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply and utilize emerging opportunities
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and handhold operations team till supplier is stabilized in terms SLAs and quality and proactively intervene wherever required to resolve issues
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance by supplier and internal teams
Who you are:
- You have an undergraduate degree from a top global or regional university in analytical areas such as engineering, science, economics, business, etc. MBA from a top tier university is preferred but optional for the right candidate.
- You have spent 5+ years in operations-role focused on inventory management, material sourcing, manufacturing processes improvement. Prior experience in domestic/international sourcing in manufacturing industries
- Experience in home interior products will be preferred but not mandatory. Experience in relevant manufacturing and e-commerce industry will be preferred but not mandatory.
- You have a strong understanding of product development, product compliance/quality assurance, material sourcing, costing, supplier relations, negotiating contracts and manufacturing processes. Industry experience in modular kitchen, modular workstations, automotive and furniture is an advantage but optional for the right candidate.
- You are familiar with spreadsheets, business planning, financial modelling, process mapping and project management tools
- Prior experience as a business leader/ founder role at an internet startup would be a bonus
- You are a self-starter and independent learner focused on finding solutions ; high degree of comfort with unstructured situations and ability to problem solve.
- You have high problem solving abilities, structured thought process and possess strong analytical ability, and have some experience with operational execution
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You would be reporting to Business Head