HR Specialist - Recruitment at Livspace.com
Views:996 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Livspace - Manager - Taxation - CA (6-8 yrs)
Livspace is India's top online home improvement and interiors destination for consumers and the world's first design automation platform for designers. Livspace is backed by some of the top investors in the world and we- re one of India's most dynamic startup in the ecosystem with aims to dominate our space across the world. Our vision is to be the top technology inspired home improvement and design brand in the world and create one of the region's most respected companies.
Key Purpose of the role:
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely filing and payment of all direct & indirect taxes (corporate income tax and withholding tax) and indirect taxes (GST India is a must & GST - other regions - preferred) for all India operations.
- Effective strategy and management of all tax audits.
- Identify and implement tax related strategies and planning initiatives.
- Keep local internal customers, business partners and management informed of relevant tax law changes and related risks as well as opportunities arising there from.
- Monitor consistent application of transfer prices into and out of India.
- Ensure tax items are properly quantified, reported, and disclosed in the financial statements.
- Lead all aspects of tax related refunds and incentives (i.e. filings, profit recognition, cash collection, forecasting, etc.)
- Ensure strong tax related internal controls and lead process improvement efforts.
- Direct Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Plans, strategizes and supports the company in ensuring effective planning for both direct and indirect taxes
- Keeps abreast of changes in tax laws and case law developments which may be relevant for planning purposes.
- Proposes to management possible actions and interpretations to improve planning and effectiveness
- Ensures preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns and filings
- Liaises with government authorities and tax consultants to facilitate operations and tax management
- Deals effectively and in accordance with the tax rules
- Ensures correct accounting and reporting of charges, assets and liabilities in the financial statements
- Coaches and develops staff and identifies training needs
- Motivates the team for achieving department and units objectives
- Regularly evaluates training effectiveness of staff members
- Talent management of all subordinates
- Effectively prioritizes work streams and related resources
Education: CA with 4-6 years experience, mix of BIG4 & Ecommerce, Manufacturing experience a plus
Key Challenges of the job:
- Multiple interfaces across all locations and functions
- Dealing with government agencies
- Satisfaction of all stakeholders
- Keeping technical knowledge current in a dynamic environment