Linedata - Risk Analyst (0-2 yrs)
- You will join a team that directly caters to the front office of Global Asset Managers/Hedge Funds. As a Analyst in Linedata's Risk team, you will work closely with Portfolio Managers and Senior Risk Professionals/CROs.
- You will be responsible for providing portfolio risk solutions to a buy-side client.
- The role spans across different aspects of investment risk - generating risk and performance attribution reports, analysing complex scenarios and understanding the drivers of important risk statistics across each aggregation in a portfolio.
- You are also expected to proactively engage with different stakeholders to ensure well informed and timely investment decision making by the client. You are required to take complete ownership of the deliverables and demonstrate high-quality standards with utmost integrity.
- Perform a range of tasks involving analysis of portfolio risk, generating customized dashboards and monitoring risk limits to meet the requirements of clients
- Analyse the drivers of important risk statistics such as exposure concentration, Greeks, value-at-risk, stress tests, historical market views, what-if scenarios and performance attribution
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and take complete ownership of delivering Investor, Regulatory, and customized risk solutions
- Understand investment deal memos and build customized financial models
- Prioritize and execute multiple assignments including adhoc assignment within tight deadlines
- Ensure adherence to high-quality standards and industry best practices established at Linedata
Skills Required :
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience in Financial Risk Management (Markets and Credit Risk)
- Strong foundation in Mathematics and Statistics used in Financial Modelling
- Good understanding of Fixed Income asset classes including CLO, CMBS and RMBS
- Should be able to demonstrate high level of quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills to communicate the risk analysis outcomes in simple language to clients/portfolio-managers located in New York, HK and London
- Ability to work individually and with other financial engineers in a collaborative manner
Advantageous Skills :
- Knowledge of third-party databases such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, VBA macros, MS PowerPoint
Academic Requirements :
- MBA from a Tier-1 college with BE/Statistics or equivalent education
- Any level of CFA or FRM will have preference