Recruiter at Landmark Online
Views:1534 Applications:298 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:287
Lifestyle International - Senior Data Scientist - Analytics (5-7 yrs)
Know us a little better!
Landmark Group began its journey in 1973 with one store in Bahrain and has grown into one of the largest Retail and Hospitality conglomerates in the Middle East, Africa and India. Currently the Group employs 55,000 employees, operates over 2,300 outlets, encompassing over 30 million square feet across 22 countries. Since 1973, the Group has created great brands that are market leaders, built strong partnerships and delivered exceptional value to customers.
Built with love and loads of effort by many smart, talented and passionate Landmarkers, our goal is simple: to deliver high impact to all business functions and institutionalize data driven decision making.
The Landmark Group is one of the leading Retail and Hospitality organizations in the Middle East and India. Its vast portfolio of successful businesses includes award-winning household brands like Babyshop, Lifestyle, Max, Splash and Home Centre.
Culturally we are an open organization with open door culture and with Lean Structure.
We believe Sports makes a person active and intelligent and we would be happy if you play some Table Tennis or pocket in some balls in Pool table. As an organization, we are ranked as a Great place to work and we are proud of our company values.
DLL - Data Labs @ LMG Introduction:
Data Labs at Landmark was established in 2015 as a strategic business function to innovate data driven solutions and to operate as advisors to CEOs and heads of functions. We have observed immense growth in the last 5 years expanding to a 100+ team across Dubai & Bangalore. The team follows an on-shore/off-shore model of delivery for Middle East and India business and consists of people with expertise in Retail Analytics, Product Development, solving problems across (not limited to) Loyalty Management, Inventory Management, Assortment Planning, End to End Supply Chain, Pricing, etc.
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Who are we looking for:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or Physics
- At least 5+ years of experience in a Data Science related field
- Strong hands-on experience in Machine Learning and Statistics focusing on structured and unstructured data problems
- Practical experience in several of the following areas: time series forecasting, clustering and classification techniques, regression, boosting algorithms, optimization techniques, NLP, recommendation systems, ElasticNet
- Excellent programming skills preferably in Python and SQL
- Previous experience with Azure, Spark, and git
- Advanced engineering abilities to deliver flexible and scalable end-to-end machine learning solutions
- Exposure to data visualization software and packages (Prower BI, matplotlib, d3, highcharts)
- Understands challenges in business area, applicability of relevant data science disciplines, and system interactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders, and ability to do so at the right level of detail
- Strong sense of urgency and commitments
- Open to travel on need basis (upto to 20%)
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Investigate the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to business problems
- Develop new algorithms independently to solve well defined retail problems and improve existing algorithms
- Work with product team to implement new modules, maintain and release production pipelines in timely and responsible manner
- Develop POCs based on new ideas or technology, popularize new innovations in retail and analytics with internal/external stakeholders
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, Advisory and Product team to find scope of improvement and drive right processes