Licious - Senior Manager - Legal - LLB (8-10 yrs)
- Advisory: Advise Founders & management team and work alongside employees in Business Units (BUs), Strategy & Business Operation , Corporate Affairs, Human Resource, Regulatory & other enabling functions, on a wide range of legal and strategic matters including Corporate Laws, labour laws, employment laws, trade body regulations, etc.
- Litigation: Provide support to business in initiating/defending any criminal, civil, property or regulatory related litigation which includes, collating facts, developing litigation strategy & preparing grounds for defence, briefing the external counsels, filing of writ petitions, appeals, stay and follow ups. Managing and ensuring proper representation by outside counsel (while securing case reporting and strategic alignment).
- Business Transaction: Structuring of transaction, support in reviewing various transactions and evaluate all legal issues involved, so as to ensure to combat the crisis successfully, drafting & negotiation of Contracts & other documents, draft and solidify day-to-day agreements/ contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights
- Compliance & Investigation-provide support to the Compliance team in internal governance policies and compliance framework, supporting any critical compliance investigations, measuring the over-all risks in case of any non-compliances and drawing the remediation plans and guidance, substantial role in build the Culture of Compliance and shaping how the Company addresses its relationships with law & regulations,
- Representing LICIOUS : Actively participate in Industry Working Groups, Regulatory or Government liaising on any policy or industry issues, develop strategies for influencing external environment, communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Independence & Decision Making: act with substantial discretion, balancing several goals at once with idea to minimize risks/costs & maximize benefits/ returns. Ability to make clear-eyed professional judgments and to have the backbone to raise issues with the appropriate decision-maker if, for example, the proposed course of action raises issues of compliance with the law.
- Complexity & Problem-Solving: challenge the status-quo and develop innovative solution for difficult, complex & systemic problem that may have precedent setting implications for the Company, is usually responding to new situations & circumstances that require attention.
- Work with business teams to help in expanding business, Help setup production centres & distribution centres get licenses, review, and drafting of contracts with Suppliers, Various Vendors, IP Laws - Like Trademark, Patent applications, T & C and Policies for our Website and App. Someone familiar with investment-related work - Like FDI, FEMA rules.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
Candidates Desired Profile :
- LLB degree from a reputed law college in India Masters law degree will be an added advantage;
- Preferably from retail start-ups o like -Big basket, Flipkart Amazon, etc or FMCG orgs like ITC, HLL, Britannia or from top legal firms
- 8-10 years post qualification experience.
- Working knowledge/familiarity in dealing with Corporate Laws, litigation, FMCG & E-Commerce laws and policies.
- Experience in setting up legal processes / systems within a growing organisation.
- Strong business acumen, Self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude with high level of ownership
- Partnering and solution oriented approach
- Demonstrate company values, ethics & pride through exemplary behaviour.
- Identifies, builds, and uses a wide network of contacts with people at all levels, internally and externally.