Licious - Plant Head/Production Manager (7-15 yrs)
Licious is looking for an experienced, adaptive, creative & adventurous Plant Head, who's hyper excited about performance & has sense of deep ownership and responsibility. At Licious, the TEAM is building India's 1st consumer tech food brand and the category we- ve chosen to disrupt, to start with, is the Fresh Meats and Gourmet category. This category is one of the largest consumer categories in India's retail landscape & offers tremendous opportunities to create a world class brand in India.
- Position : Plant Head / Production Manager
- Location - Medchal, Hyderabad
- Meat Processing Experience Preferred
- This position will have overall responsibility of supervising, planning, and directing the meat production of Chicken, Red Meat & Sea Food on various individual production lines/areas to produce products safely and consistently within quality specifications.
- This position will supervise and coordinate activities of production supervisors to meet production needs and ensure efficient operation of their assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining positive supervisor's relations; training and developing skills and teamwork of supervisors; ensuring department operates within compliance of HACCP and ensuring all compliance with facility safety rules and company policies.
- Will oversee supervisor training and development to ensure a quality product is produced at a competitive cost.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead production teams to meet short- and long-term goals.
- Understand Product Yield and should be able to devise the system to maintain the same.
- Ensure team member compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Enable teams to complete all required meetings on time; facilitate regular team meetings
- Collect, monitor, and report statistical data and an analysis of the data within specified time frames
- Good understanding of Packing material
- Good Understanding of RM - Sea Food, Chicken and Red Meat
- Should be able to handle RM & FG Stores and their receipt and dispatches.
- Should be able to coordinate with front end operations for FG timely dispatches.
- Identify maintenance challenges and able to get preventive maintenance done on time.
- Comprehend Customer feedback/complaint and should be able to resolve the same through proper channel and system.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, their root causes, and solutions to correct them within a team-based work environment
- Evaluate team member performance and assist team members- performance improvement, accountability, and advancement through effective goal-setting, feedback, and training.
- Assist with plant process improvement projects
- Support and contribute to the achievement of facility goals for safety, people, quality, cost-savings
- Knowledge of and ability to work with computer programs such as Good interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent attendance, personnel and safety record.
- Good understanding of fundamental labor and waste control.
- Ability to delegate responsibility.
- Ability to absorb and manage increasing responsibilities and excel in a leadership position.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, process improvements, problem-solving techniques and procedures.
Required Skiils :-
- Bachelor's degree or Food Technologist with an Experience of at least 6-8 year experience in a meat processing facility will be given preferences.
- Must be computer literate (Excel, PowerPoint & Word).
- Supervisory experience in a team-based environment.
Additional Skiils :-
- Familiar with HACCP, SSOP, GMPs. Must have the ability to write reports & business correspondence.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.