Liberty Steel at Talent Acquisition Manager
Views:1002 Applications:260 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Liberty Steel Group - Operational Excellence Analyst (3-7 yrs)
Looking for our group company GFG Alliance
JOB TITLE : GFG Operational Excellence Analyst
NAME OF ENTITY / GROUP (GFG): Operational Excellence
BUSINESS FUNCTION: GFG Alliance
LOCATION AREA: Mumbai
REPORTING TO: Global Head of Operational Excellence
TRAVEL : 5%
- GFG Alliance is a collection of global businesses and investments owned by Sanjeev Gupta and his family. The alliance is structured into 3 core industrial pillars; Liberty Steel Group, Alvance Aluminium Group, and SIMEC Energy Group, independent of each other yet united through shared values and a purpose to create a sustainable future for industry and society. GFG Alliance employees 35,000 people, across 10 countries and has revenues of USD $20bn.
- Our purpose is to create a sustainable future for industry and society. Our Strategy is to create an economically sustainable business model for our industries which is profitable for the long term, allows for socially sustainable development in our local communities and is carbon neutral. Our values define who we are, what we stand for, how we behave and how we do business.
- Family is why we come to work, Sustainability is what keeps us coming to work and Change gives us the opportunity to enjoy coming to work and grow as individuals Liberty Steel Group is our international steel and mining business with an integrated offering from the production of liquid steel made from raw and recycled materials through to high-value precision-engineered steels and associated services, sold to customers around the world.
POSITION SUMMARY :
- Purpose of this role is to support the development, implementation, training, teaching, coaching, and management of the implementation of a world class Operational Excellence system utilizing lean and six sigma techniques across the whole of GFG The role will require approx. 10% max travel to Global events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support the development and implementation of a world-class Operational Excellence system
- Provide analytical support to the Operational Excellence global and regional teams
- Track key Operational Excellence KPIs, scorecards, action trackers
- Work to standardize the Operational Excellence toolbox and templates across the regions & Businesses
- Owner of Operational Excellence templates/document development and governance
- Development & Owner of Operational Excellence SharePoint site
- Support the Global Operational Excellence team through the participation of advance problem-solving events (Virtual)
- Coordinate training and workshop events
- Coordinate event follow-up (30/60/90 day reviews) to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action. Track short, Mid and long-term win.
- Track performance to Operational Excellence commitment and budget
- Support the Global and regional Operational Excellence organizations in the development of programs/tools/techniques and communication across the Aleris organization
- Support and track communication strategy deployment
- Support the Global & Reginal Operational Excellence Teams
- Organize and track Global Team schedules
- Governance of Global PMO activities
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Bachelor degree, preferably in engineering, manufacturing/operations, or an equivalent level of degree/experience.
- 2+ years of experience with TPM, Lean, kaizen/six sigma events
- A proven track record of increasing responsibilities
- Ability to work independently, self-starter and successfully work with cross-functional teams,
- Well Organized, High energy, data-driven, and results-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills and organization skills, must be comfortable presenting to large groups at all levels of the organization from shop floor to CEO
- Must be proficient in MS 365, MS SharePoint, Power BI, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Oracle, and various analysis tools (minitab, etc)
- Willingness to travel approximately 5% of the time (Annual Meetings)
- Aluminum/Steel Smelting, Casting or Rolling Experience
- 5+ years Lean/Sigma experience
- CMRP or SMRP certification - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt