Associate Partner at Levers For Change Consulting Practice
Views:930 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Levers for Change - Associate Consultant - Operations & Supply Chain Management - Manufacturing Consulting (2-5 yrs)
We are a management consulting company in the space of implementation consulting. We help companies in End-to-end business process re-engineering, achieving high performance improvements in the areas of manufacturing/throughput improvements and sales productivity/revenue improvements.
Started in 2009, we have completed 16 implementation programs in India, Africa, Middle East & South Asia. This includes 4 operational turn-around initiatives.
We are recruiting capable and determined individuals as consultants.
- Good academic track record throughout
- Bachelors- degree in Engineering from Tier 1 Institute
- Post graduate program in Management from reputed- institutes
- For candidates with significant experience in improvements or consulting - management education is not mandatory
- At least 2 years of relevant experience is a must for the Associate Position
- Work experience should include exposure in the field of business - process improvements; Candidates working as internal consultants/ working with other consulting companies preferred
- Since most of our clients are manufacturing companies, only candidates from manufacturing operations need apply
- Good analytical abilities and comprehending skills
- Willingness to work on shop floor initiatives; willingness to - travel and work in remote locations
Associate - Job Description:
The consultant will be involved in providing objective advice, expertise, guidance and specialist skills with the aim of achieving the target of the project agreed with the client.
The consultant shall report to the Engagement Manager who would be driving the improvement initiative from LFC Consulting Practice. He will mainly work with the client to:
- Map current processes & control systems
- Identify gaps & areas of improvement
- Develop new/ modify existing processes/ control systems
- Drive the client to implement the agreed solutions
- The consultant would operate on wide areas ranging from operations to logistics to sales to services across all industry verticals.
Typical work activities:
- The day-to-day activities of the consultants would be essentially entrepreneurial in nature and project- based. Projects can vary in length de- pending on the kind of change involved and the demands of the client.
- The team would typically comprise 2-3 members (Engagement Manager & Associates/ Analysts). The consultants should be willing to operate in different places depending on the location of the client. Projects typically would be of the duration of 30-40 weeks.
His deliverables would be:
- Achieve deliverables of the project along with the Engagement manager (specifically in the areas assigned to him)
- Identify potential issues that would affect the deliverables of the project and resolve them along with the Engagement Manager
- Quantify the impact of the issues identified
- Develop detailed implementation plans for each of the work - streams identified
- Manage the client team working under him
- Enhance the skills (e.g. problem identification, problem-solving) - of the client team working under him.
Typical tasks involve: -
- Carrying out studies on the shop floor & Conducting analysis
- Interviewing client's employees, management team and others
- Running brainstorming sessions and facilitating workshops
- Preparing presentations
- Conducting training sessions
- Identifying issues from the studies/available data & guiding the - clients team to identify the right issues
- Formulating and implementing recommendations/solutions
- Ensuring the client receives the assistance needed to implement - the recommendations/ solutions
- Managing projects during short absences- of the project leader
- Leading and managing those within the team including clients full-time resources working on the program
- Identify & resolve/escalate behavioral issues in the client team
Base location & travel:
- Since we work out of the clients- offices, the consultant may choose a base location of their preference as long as there is good air connectivity to enable travel in short notices
- The consultants shall travel to the client location for the full duration of the project
- The consultants are allowed to travel back to their base locations every fortnight. Married consultants, when working on projects favorably located with short travel durations, may be allowed to go back home every weekend.
- However, there might be exceptions to these guidelines for the first 6-12 months of joining to ensure more time spent on projects and hence faster learning.
- Salaries at all levels are on par with implementation consulting industry standards
- All expenses for travel, stay, Internet and phone bills shall be borne by the company