Deals Head - Syndicates at LetsVenture
Views:2149 Applications:570 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
LetsVenture - Investment Associate (2-8 yrs)
Founded in 2013, LetsVenture began with the simple premise of making fundraising easier for startups. That was 2013, when we introduced LetsVenture - India's first online investment platform. Our vision is to make private market investing accessible, transparent, and digitised. Succeeding at every stage with our scalable platform, we are on a mission to be the category leader in private market investing in India and Southeast Asia.
LetsVenture is an online funding platform that enables startups to unlock opportunities from idea to IPO.The platform also allows startups to get their business plans reviewed by its team as well as connect to mentors. It supports startups in the funding closure process through its commitment-to-closure package. Today the platform has a portfolio of 320+ startups, 6800+ investors, 31+ syndicates with 145+MM raised across stages. In 2019, LetsVenture launched LetsAccelerate to manage incubators, accelerators & corporate open innovation programmes; and MyStartupEquity, a SaaS platform for cap table and ESOP management with 175+ companies onboarded within a year. LetsVenture Plus on the other hand is an exclusive platform to access growth stage startups and global funds, LetsVenture is well positioned to achieve its vision of digitising and organising India's private markets. The LetsVenture team is based in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi.
LetsVenture is backed by Accel, Chiratae Ventures, Nandan Nilekani, Ratan Tata, Rishad Premji, Mohandas Pai, Anupam Mittal, Rajan Anandan, among others.
Role : Investment Associate - LetsVenture Early Stage
Responsibilities Assumed :
- Work directly with Startup founders assisting them in fundraising on the LV platform as Deal Managers managing Investors and stakeholders across the deal value chain i.e. sourcing, deal due diligence, legal and closure
- Develop investment theses in partnership with the senior leadership team closest to the markets and drive large pieces of our investment blueprint.
- Support new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
- Startup Sourcing evaluation based on key defined metrics specific views on sectors based on multiple data/information (Tech/Internet/Consumer Internet / SAAS / Healthcare/Edtech/Gaming)
- Company specific analysis based on information provided and also collecting sourcing relevant information from outside sources
- Review financial models, deep dive into company financials, company/promoter profiles, comparable valuation, competitive landscaping, deal structuring, company metrics Relationship Management will be a key aspect of the role so existing relations with angel investors, Institutional funds, family offices and with Promoters seeking investments would be an added plus
- Working with people from diverse backgrounds within and outside the firm
- Desire to lend a hand on various projects will be needed, as we will be innovating on our approach externally and ideas internally.
- Creating/designing dynamic portfolio performance/sector/other need based reports for internal discussions
Key Considerations/Skillset for an ideal candidate :
- Passion for early stage (Seed and Series A) disruptive technology
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical capabilities interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral)
- B Tech/ B.Com (Hons) / BA (Hons) Economics from a recognized school
- CA / CS / MBA
- Prior startup experience is preferred
- 2+ year experience in any recognized consulting firm or investment banking firm or any investment fund
- Strong record for extra curricular activities
- Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required
- Strong eye for detail and ability to multi-task
Job Location : Bengaluru