Senior Manager at Lenskart
Views:983 Applications:274 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Lenskart - Product Management Role - Supply Chain Process (4-10 yrs)
- Lenskart is India's fastest growing optical business. The company was co-founded in 2010 by Peyush Bansal, Amit Chaudhary & Sumeet Kapahi to provide Vision to India. 1/3rd of India's population today needs vision correction and only 25% of those in need wear specs. Lenskart was founded in 2010 with a vision to solve this problem of eye wear and be the Numero Uno eyewear provider in India.
- With technology integration into the eyewear vertical, and keeping a deep focus on consumer happiness, Lenskart has grown more than 200% Year on Year in the last 2 years to be among the top 3 Optical Retail businesses of India today.
- The person in this role is expected to be highly observant, thorough in the understanding of process & details; translating them into the clear problem statements.
- Post understanding the problem one is expected to use the following tools to dissect and come to the right solution:
- Continuous observation & motion study (Where needed) to identify various steps in the process.
- Use of tools like Value stream mapping & Material flow diagram to identify process
- Redesigning of the process
- Designing specs for the development team to implement the process and ensure adherence
- Working with the development team to identify the fastest route to implementation
- Doing QA with QA team and using thoroughly laid out test cases
- POC for the process on the shopfloor
- Scale up & change management
- Measurement of success
- Iteration till we reach success criterion.
- The person must be passionate for Supply chain processes, and interested in building backbone for fast growing startup where scale-up happens as step change rather than gradual progression. Ability to comprehend complex supply chains is a must, as Lenskart is fully vertically integrated and has Manufacturing, warehouse, lab and logistics as part of its Supply Chain Operations.
- The person will be managing the Lenskart 's products and primarily be responsible for ensuring that the product is aligned with the short term tactical and long terms strategic goals of the company.
1. Your product strategy and vision are most effective when they are substantiated with real user interactions and data analytics
2. A list of 10 items for the next release with a clear sense of priority will go a long way to ensure that the release is both effective and on-time
3. While working closely with Engineering, Content developers and other product managers it is crucial to identify dependencies early on for a smooth release
4. You know from the bottom of your heart that a PRD that speaks out the user's needs and wants is the best way to ensure internal buy-in and super high productivity levels
5. A simple annotated wireframe is much better than a 5 page PRD
6. A PRD that is more than 5 pages will not be read
7. A feature no matter how great it sounds, is a true success only when it can be measured
8. Not all your features will be a runaway success and will need constant fine-tuning on an iterative basis
9. In spirit, you are the CEO of your product