Associate Manager at Lenovo
Views:275 Applications:63 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
Lenovo - Head - Government Relations (10-20 yrs)
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategically evaluate impact of implementing key Government guidelines and processes on Lenovo's business, with the ability to advocate on Lenovo's behalf; Liaison / Communicate with government authority / body on policy matters;
- Build relationships and ensure regular communication with key stakeholders, specially through industry trade associations, in order to understand the latest regulatory requirements;
- Actively identify emerging and significant policy issues in India and engage with stakeholders on issues of importance;
- Monitor political and social events in India, and work with local teams to mitigate operation risks; Work closely with the Business Units and on their behalf to address their issues ;
- In collaboration with SMEs, handle various issues related to manufacturing, marketing, regulatory, finance, taxation, import / exports, foreign direct investment etc;
- Provide inputs on policy/ regulatory legislations, which affect Lenovo's business; - Stakeholder mapping at central, state, institutions, NGOs and international organizations to prepare blueprint for engagement and influencing processes.
- Represent Lenovo at major industry trade associations. Work directly or through trade associations to play a key role in the development of business intelligence in political and regulatory information as well as in-market competition, through monitoring processes, shared tools, data bases, and periodic reports, aiming to provide accurate information to business strategy;
- Actively participate as a technology industry leader in trade associations and, coordinating with Lenovo Legal, with regulatory agencies, and executive and legislative branches where Company's most relevant issues are addressed;
- Strategically utilize knowledge on government's FDI / foreign investments and incentive policies to benefit Lenovo's business and long-term planning; and Help Lenovo Implement technology product industry guidelines and processes as directed by Federal and State Governments.
- Suitable qualifications include university degrees in: Public relations, communication, political sciences, public affairs, law, business, economics, marketing, journalism, business/commerce, sciences or engineering.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in areas such as managing public policy, government relations and advocacy, or international trade relations and diplomatic sectors;
- At least 5+ years work experience in global technology manufacturing company is preferred; At least 5+ years work experience in trade associations is preferred;
- A vast understanding of the Indian technology market ideally in the areas of the laptop / IT hardware /mobile phones / cloud computing;
- Keen understanding of the India's political system, environment and institutions, as well as cultural landscape;
- Solid network with key stakeholders, the academia, and a working knowledge of the technology industry;
- Experience with other government/policy schemes; - Interest in emerging technologies and policy work;
- Outstanding judgment, persuasive and advocacy skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Strong collaboration skills, drive for results, strategic thinking, and emotional intelligence; Experience in Government or diplomatic sector is a plus.