Lemnisk - Head - Legal & Compliance - LLB (4-8 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
Drafting, negotiating and finalising various transaction documents (Domestic and International) for the company and the subsidiaries (Dubai, Singapore, US) including the following agreements
- Customers and Vendors.
- Joint venture, partnership and agency
- Employment agreement etc.
- Build and manage an effective compliance framework to ensure adherence/compliance by the business of the various laws, regulations, taxes, rules, licences etc. across various geographies.
- Providing advisory support on all regulatory issues impacting the interests of the business and driving a pro-active regulatory compliance approach.
- Ensure timely statutory and secretarial compliances across the parent company and its overseas subsidiaries with external support as necessary.
- Assist with statutory audit with respect to legal documentation as and when necessary
- Be a strategic advisor to the management on all legal matters.
- Manage investor relations with respect to shareholder agreement etc
Corporate matters :
Advise and review documentation relating to any potential corporate structuring events
Litigation Management :
Effective Litigation management across the various geographies in which the company operates.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :
BA.LLB or any Law equivalent from a top law college
WORK EXPERIENCE :
- 4 to 6 years of Legal experience (in IT industry preferred). A hand on experience in complex contract review and negotiation is a must.
- Exposure to laws across other geographies, especially US, Singapore is a plus
- Exposure to managing corporate compliances a plus
- Have a keenness to learn and work across a cross functional team
- Have the ability to take independent decisions and provide clear advice to internal teams
- Be passionate about working in a start-up environment
- Fluency in communication