Legal Specialist - FinTech - LLB (3-5 yrs)
Our client is one of the oldest fintech companies that is taking banking and financial services to all the customers through their online platform. Having served over 50 million customers in the last 15 years, it is enabling over 7mn banking transactions each month, with a network of nearly 2 lac merchants. Using its vast network of merchant outlets, the platform is reaching the lower and mid-income groups who deal in cash, for them to be able to remit money across the country digitally. It now plans to take its unique digital financial solutions to developing markets across the globe. As pioneers of mobile-based payment services in India, they empower Retailers, Individuals and Businesses to have an online presence and earn or save a little extra through the transactions.
As a Legal Specialist, you will be responsible for reviewing, researching and securing all legal aspects of business and operation of the company. You will mitigate compliance risks, implement the legal and regulatory risk compliance program and ensure that the company business in India complies with local and international payments legislation and regulation.
What you will do :
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and legal documents ensuring the company's interests are fully protected in all contracts entered into
- Providing timely and commercially sound guidance and advice to management on all regulatory matters
- Executing of Legal Contracts & Agreements of all types and nature viz. vendor, purchase contracts, rental, sale deeds, NDAs, consultancy contracts, technology licensing, manpower related, etc.
- Implementing corporate actions like buyback, incorporation, restructuring, mergers or other similar activities
- Preparing for and conducting Board and general meetings, minutes & proceedings of Board & general meetings; maintaining other statutory registers
- Filing of various forms, resolutions, and returns under the Companies Act, correspondence, and filing returns with various statutory authorities
- Preparing and circulating circular resolutions for board and committee approval from time to time
- Recommending changes to processes and procedures to reduce compliance risk and raising operational standards
- Assisting auditors by providing required clarifications and compliance of audit requirements as well as implementation of audit observations
- Assisting management with legal aspects of Fraud management
- Assisting with communication with government agencies seeking information regarding possible fraud cases
- Handling customer complaints and consumer legal notices and taking initiative for amicable settlement of the same
Desired Candidate Profile :
What you need to have :
- Bachelor's Degree in Law (LLB) from a reputed college
- Membership of the Institute of Companies Secretaries of India
- 3 to 5 years experience in a regulated financial firm
- Experience in B2B and B2C financial institutions, fintech companies, and credit institutions
- Expertise in Indian laws and regulations concerning payments products such as credit cards, debit cards, direct debit, eMoney, consumer credit, and alternative payment methods
- Excellent oral, written and business communication skills in English
- Ability to provide independent advice to senior level management on highly technical matters with proper analysis
- Knowledge of and experience with laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation, and administration
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters
- Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout the Company
- Ability to accurately proofread and correct documents
- Ability to set priorities and work under pressure
- Ability to prepare reports, research and explore assigned tasks
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.