Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:2011 Applications:322 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Legal & Secretarial Officer - LLB/LLM/CS (4-9 yrs)
Legal & Secretarial Officer - UAE/GCC with EPC contract exp
Legal and secretarial Officer - Law Graduate with UAE/GCC experience only
- Our client is a large UAE Head Quartered multinational group providing a broad portfolio of Education, Energy, Agro and Natural Resources solutions to its clients in Africa, UAE, Europe and APAC Region
- Their initiatives have helped build long-term relationships with communities and stakeholders in all the countries. The end result is in the form of customized, impactful solutions that are scalable and can withstand the test of time.
Job Role: Legal & Compliance Officer
Reports To: Director Finance
About the Role
To assist Director Finance in providing legal service and advise on corporate matters.
Key Performance Areas:
- Advising on all legal issues and procedures affecting the company's business.
- Draft and negotiate contracts and related documents in relation to the major projects undertaken by the company.
- Draft and negotiate joint venture and consortium agreements with partners and vendor agreements for subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Review and negotiate performance bonds and guarantees and other forms of security.
- Advise on claims and the conduct thereof arising in the ordinary course of the company's business including preparation for arbitration or other legal proceedings as appropriate.
- Manage the provision of advice by external counsel, as appropriate, particularly in the context of the variety of jurisdictions in which the company conducts business.
- Identify and ensure all Intellectual Property Rights (e.g. patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets) are protected to avoid infringement.
- Prepare legal correspondences such as draft MOUs, SLAs, agreements, communications and contracts with third parties/authorities to ensure compliance and protect company's interests.
- Translate needed documents from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Respond to queries/emails, and other admin tasks. Ensure the highest level of customer service is demonstrated by ensuring all relevant documents are in place before providing transactional services.
Ensure regulatory compliances in all jurisdictions that the Group has presence in:
- Hold Board Meetings, AGM's etc and prepare the necessary minutes
- Support the Business team in understanding the requirement of setting up business in new Countries.
- Setting up of new Entities in different countries for new projects
Minimum Qualification/Experience Required
- A Bachelor's Degree in Law, Master's Degree in Law is preferred
- A Company Secretary qualification will be preferred
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a legal role with experience in corporate and commercial legal practice within UAE/GCC
Job Specific Skills:
- Excellent English/Arabic language and communication skills, particularly writing skills in both languages. Knowledge of French will be an advantage
- Knowledge of local laws, rules and regulations in the region
- Problem solving skills, Flexibility to react quickly to changing priorities.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word
- Team player
EPC Contract Exp must
Job Location - Dubai, UAE
Salary around 18000 AED